Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Ask an Expert" booth at the Science Center

3 posters

Go down

"Ask an Expert" booth at the Science Center Empty "Ask an Expert" booth at the Science Center

Post by blennieluvr Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:48 pm

It was my turn to check in on the 210 this week and I FINALLY met the new director. Before I get into this too much, I must add that the tank is looking really good. It's worth seeing for those of you who haven't yet. If you only saw it when it was aptasia infested, please make a point to stop in again!

OK...back on topic. I asked her about setting up a table and answering questions about our wonderful hobby. She thought both Saturday, March 23rd and March 30th would be be nice busy days for us to set up. She suggested Noon - 3. Can anyone sit with me either of those days? I think it would be great to get the word out before hand so we should set the date ASAP. I'll make a note to put up at the 210 to let people know about it and maybe HSCMember will have some ideas about how to get the word out too. If it goes well, I'm sure we can do it again one day.

I was thinking it would be nice to have three of us for at least part of that time. We could work on a water change and give Susan and Frank a break and still have one person to answer a questions while this was going on.

Things we may want to have at the booth:
*beginner info...maybe like the print out I had at the garage sale. I can find that again.
*a small tank with a couple of hermit crabs that kids can hold?
*club information - would be wonderful to have our cards ready by then but I can't see that happening
*donation info for the 210

Thoughts?

Last edited by blennieluvr on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

"Ask an Expert" booth at the Science Center Empty Re: "Ask an Expert" booth at the Science Center

Post by seaponygirl Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:00 am

I should be available both days. Maybe a little after noon, if I work. Who has dry hermit crabs? It would be nice to have a few of those big saltwater books you have to help us along. Showing water changes and the sump would be educational too. Maybe adults only as kids really don't need to see that and would prevent too much wandering. I certainly could bring in samples of evil algae. On another note we need to get together about blennies and gobies. I think I'm getting addicted.

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

"Ask an Expert" booth at the Science Center Empty Re: "Ask an Expert" booth at the Science Center

Post by blennieluvr Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:26 pm

We're going with March 30th to give us more time to get the word out.

I'll bring beginner materials and a little container to put a hermit or two in. (They can be saltwater ones.)

Can anyone help with club business cards before then?

What all should we do for advertising? I can make flyer up to pu on the 210 as soon as possible unless someone else with more talent wants to cover that.

Also, how should we handle letting people know that the 210 could use their financial support?
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HSCmember Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:25 am

I can make a flyer we can post on the 210, put on HSC FB page & website. There is the wall to the left of the tank where they had Joyce's tank stood for a while. They would like to have that display saltwater information. I would like to put good photos and descriptions of all the tank inhabitants and a diagram of how the saltwater circulates in the tank.
Need a lot of help on this.
HSCmember
HSCmember
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 560

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:01 am

Let me know what you need me to do, Susan. I can help.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaponygirl Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:16 am

We could set up a decorated jar, for collection donations, at our table. Hey maybe I should bring in one of my ponies and bill her as a "SEAHORSE". Can't really as the gates are all snowed in. Though if we get more snow the fence will be covered and they'll just walk out.

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by HSCmember Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:24 pm

What we need to do is list as many of the tank inhabitants as we can. Then either take photos or find photos of each creature and do a small write up on them. Do you want to make the list Cammie? We could split it up and everyone take some of the corals, fish, etc and make a write up on each. May of the photos could come right from there. I have a fairly decent printer.
HSCmember
HSCmember
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 560

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:44 pm

Sure thing. I don't have a good camera but I can certainly make a list. That in itself will be quite a project. Smile
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaponygirl Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:06 am

I think a redo of the photos would be good. The ones they have now are very hard to see.

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:53 am

I will find a time to get over there this week. Maybe on Saturday as I think it's going to take awhile and my lunch break and/or after work won't be enough time.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:46 am

This is today already. I'll see those of you who said you'd help out in a bit. Anyone else is welcome to stop in as well! We'll be there from noon till 3:00.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down