Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LF frags for booth at RRVR Expo!!

5 posters

Go down

LF frags for booth at RRVR Expo!! Empty LF frags for booth at RRVR Expo!!

Post by blennieluvr Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:23 am

Sept 26th is the RRVR Reef & Reptile Expo and we decided to have a booth there to raise money for club activities this fall, winter, etc.  Each club member is challenged to donate at least FIVE items to sell.  (coral frags, fish, macros, leftover equipment, extra rock  Anything hobby related that someone might buy.)   Obviously, the more stuff we have, the better! 

Also, please consider joining us at the event on Sept 26th.  It will be our September meeting.  We'll carpool and will be bringing the frag tank that Jim built us.  So, we could use help setting up, taking down and working the booth.  I know everyone is going to want to shop as well as sell.  Smile 

Let's make this fundraiser GREAT!  Also, we'll be tracking who all participates and all who do will get a say in how the funds raised are spent.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

LF frags for booth at RRVR Expo!! Empty Re: LF frags for booth at RRVR Expo!!

Post by blennieluvr Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:32 am

Post here if you have donations you know of.  I thought that might help get people thinking about what they might be able to bring. 

So far, I have:
codium macro
cinnamon paly grande
maybe balano frag
a few reef shirts

I have to do inventory still though.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:39 am

I'm adding to my list:
Duncan
red goni if I can bring myself to frag it
blue octodes

I'll frag this weekend so they have time to heal before the swap.

Anyone else?  The club has plugs and a saw so if you need those for fragging, you just need to ask. 

I did frag up a bunch of softies at Bill and Judy's this week so I know they have contributions.  Sue has some as well.  I
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:17 pm

It doesn't look like I am going to be able to get a Sat off for several months but I am going to try to get to Bemidji to drop some stuff off for you, I've got some dead rock and my 24 gallon stripped nanocube if you think they would sell. Still need to frag up the miami hurricane chalice.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

LF frags for booth at RRVR Expo!! Empty Frag list

Post by seaponygirl Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:54 am

I have several good size pieces of neon green star polyps. In my tank they are long and really wave in the current . Several hairy mushrooms, neon green singularia, assorted Zoas.

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:04 pm

Let's get planning!!  It's coming up quick. 

It would really be helpful to me if someone else was willing to be the navigator (know where the event is and how to get there) so I can just worry about equipment and coordinate people and donations. 

WHAT WE NEED:

• donated frags and equipment - as much of it as we can get
  • buckets of saltwater
  • drivers (I'm finding out how early we can set up and will get back to you.  The event starts at 10:00 so a few of us should head over really early to get set up and get our stuff to settle in and open up by the time shoppers roll in.)
  • Deb - need your light
  • club members to work the booth and hopefully, there are enough of us that we can take shifts and allow each other to shop
  • small powerhead
  • frag bags or small containers (Judy has some large ones but might be nice to have a mix.  I may just order something soon too.)

Let me know if you can't get your donated items to the event.  We can make arrangements for them ahead of time like Goingpostal is doing. 

We could have potluck lunch at the event since we may not be able to leave to get food.  What do you think?  Or, maybe someone who doesn't have donations would be willing to pack us some sammiches.  ??  :-) 

Is there anything else you can think of that I might be forgetting? 

I am so excited for our first club event of the fall and that we are actually using our frag tank!!!
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icereefer Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:07 pm

How many buckets of saltwater do you need? I have some extra RC I'll never use I could make you up some and leave it on my deck for you guys, plus I still have bags and Rubber bands you can use too. I have my small frag tank you can use,I still have my apollo LED if you need. Sorry all I have is larger powerheads.
icereefer
icereefer
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 801

http://redrivervalleyreefers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:14 pm

I will have to measure that tank to see how much water we need. I don't remember how much it holds. Sounds great, Jim!
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:07 pm

We have water covered Jim so I guess we probably won't drive through G.F. on our way after all.  Thanks for the offer though.  I'll get my planning hat on for your trip here October 17th too!!  We'll make it a productive and fun trip for ya.  I know you put in a request for more soup so we'll be sure to have that on our menu!

Back to expo planning:
Holly is getting her frags to me early next week as she doesn't think she can come to the event.  

I asked Curtis how early we can start setting up but have not yet heard back.  There are at least myself and Sue going over for the early shift.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icereefer Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:56 pm

blennieluvr wrote:We have water covered Jim so I guess we probably won't drive through G.F. on our way after all.  Thanks for the offer though.  I'll get my planning hat on for your trip here October 17th too!!  We'll make it a productive and fun trip for ya.  I know you put in a request for more soup so we'll be sure to have that on our menu
K I'll bring your sock holder then too.
icereefer
icereefer
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 801

http://redrivervalleyreefers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:28 am

[quote="icereefer"]
blennieluvr wrote:We have water covered Jim so I guess we probably won't drive through G.F. on our way after all.  Thanks for the offer though.  I'll get my planning hat on for your trip here October 17th too!!  We'll make it a productive and fun trip for ya.  I know you put in a request for more soup so we'll be sure to have that on our menu
K I'll bring your sock holder then too.[/quote

Nice! Thanks.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:51 am

Hey setup is Friday night 8 - 11pm and Saturday morning 6am - 9:30 am. Doors open at 10am

I have an LED light you can use if you would like. I may also have a powerhead or two if needed. I will have to check my boxes and get back to you tonight. Please send me an email cdness@gmail.com or call/text my phone. I am trying to keep on top of everything but am having issues with work taking time away from final planning steps.
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:24 am

CD, I think we're covered for equipment but if you do find that you have an extra small powerhead, it would be nice to have back up. Everything I have is too much for our small frag tank.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down