Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bemidji Swap/Event

4 posters

Go down

Bemidji Swap/Event Empty Bemidji Swap/Event

Post by blennieluvr Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:35 am

FYI - A swap is in the works.

I was supposed to go to a meeting in Chisolm, MN over the weekend but my older kid's grandma passed away so we ended up having family stuff going on. However, I did throw the question out to them whether they would participate in a swap if we had one again in Bemidji. I missed having the swap last year. Everything else is just so far away! They were interested in participating and the discussion seems to be heading toward another winter swap just because no one else has one between Nov and March and that's when we are most "into" our tanks. The tentative location is the science center in Bemidji which is the same place we had it last time. I know they would love to have us there again and the price was right (FREE). I cannot say whether we would get that same deal this time or not.

I also just posted on www.redrivervalleyreefers.com forum to see if they would like to co-sponsor. I think having the three clubs work together on it might give us a bigger draw of hobbyists which would be fantastic.

You can see the discussions as they play out here:
http://www.lsmac.org/smf/index.php?topic=319.0
http://www.redrivervalleyreefers.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1126
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Bemidji Swap/Event Empty Re: Bemidji Swap/Event

Post by mpedersen Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:34 am

And remember, there was even draw from TCMAS membership too last time around. I for one had a really good time and would really love to do it again!
mpedersen
mpedersen
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:08 pm

I don't have much to frag, a favia, maybe a chalice or two, I guess maybe my blastos, I'll have to see.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:20 am

What will make a swap worth the drive for you guys? So far, we've got some raffle ideas, possibly a speaker and I'm working on a vendor to come.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:58 am

I would love to come but it would have to be after my wedding. If it was before there would be nothing that could make me drive as I need all the spare time I have for planning.

Keep me posted though as I bet there are some things I can frag up.
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:59 am

It will be this winter. So far, it has been narrowed down to Nov - March and I think TCMAS sometimes has there's in March so I'm thinking it will be January again or February.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mpedersen Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:14 pm

I'm all for Jan. / Feb. Sooner the dates get locked down, sooner I'll block off my calendar Wink

As far as what would get me to come - well, frankly, it's just something to do in the winter. It's conceivable we might set up a LSMAC Frag Tank, of course a few members might be wanting to have their own tanks as well by that point.

I can also commit to giving a talk that maybe hasn't been seen in our neck of the woods (i.e. Why Captive Bred could use some retouching / updating, and I am already planning a new topic for 2012). So from a free speaker standpoint, you already have one offering (if that helps BRING anyone up, I can't say for sure Wink )
mpedersen
mpedersen
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:20 am

I'm sure that will persuade a few people, Matt. Thanks so much for offering. I didn't get to hear you last time because I was stationed at the entrance. I'll definetely figure out a different way to do that this time so I don't have to miss out again!
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down