Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Power... Xcel energy doesn't seem to care

3 posters

Go down

No Power...  Xcel energy doesn't seem to care Empty No Power... Xcel energy doesn't seem to care

Post by cdness Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:08 pm

Well no power since 2:00 pm today. Finally found out it is Xcel equipment failuer at a major subsystem affecting over 16,000 people. They don't seem to really give a crap that i have a new baby in the house, or that we now have no heat, or that I have an electricity dependent aquarium with highly tempermental critters that can die if their life support systems are not functioning...

Well the aquarium is up on backup generator. That $90 Harbot Freight generator rated at 800 watts seems to run a small lamp, the return pump, and heater fairly well so hopefully everything will make it. The latest estimate for power to return is around 10:19 but that is the 5th estimate I have received so far today.

Wish me luck everyone...
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

No Power...  Xcel energy doesn't seem to care Empty Re: No Power... Xcel energy doesn't seem to care

Post by tinkerman Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:26 am

Hope you don't loose anything. Seen that tonight when we went out to eat. Wal mart must be pissed too no lights when we drove by.

tinkerman
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 417

Back to top Go down

No Power...  Xcel energy doesn't seem to care Empty Re: No Power... Xcel energy doesn't seem to care

Post by GoingPostal Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:51 am

That sucks, I hope your power is back on by now! Thankfully the few times our power has gone out it's only been a few hours and in the summertime.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:57 am

Still no power... Generator is still powering the tank but it is slowly cooling down. temp is down to 76.5 and dropping...

Walmart is still out but doesn't matter anyway due to blue laws.

Anyone have a larger generator? I have no heat in the place and we are down to 65 degrees. I have a heater but it is 1000 watts too large for my generator. Pretty soon I'll be sending Jenn and the kids to a friend's place to stay warm, especially if it drops below 62 degrees...

Crossing fingers Sad
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:51 am

You wrapping blankets around the tank? Or have anything to insulate it with? Maybe someone near you will have a larger gennie or a smaller heater. I can't believe it's not back on yet, that's ridiculous!
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:00 pm

power cae back around 2:00 am last night. It looks like no losses but I was worried as it dropped 5 degrees n the tank.
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down