Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I did it and tank update

5 posters

Go down

I did it and tank update Empty I did it and tank update

Post by GoingPostal Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:20 pm

I ordered a Ro/Di unit from the Filter guys, their 5 stage Ocean Wave. By the end of the week I should be a rule following, ro using reefer! Only took me four years to get around to it but now I won't have my dirty tap water secret anymore.

Another four year mark, I finally got an anemone, a RBTA, probably one of the last in the group to get one of those as well, lol. And naturally my maroon clownfish that has been the bane of our existance since we bought her has disappeared and presumed dead as of the day before I got the 'nem. Figures. First fish ever, four years ago and she dies the day before I give up and get her a host. So if the RBTA makes it I have to get new clowns to protect it. Thinking saddlebacks or cinnamons but not sure. Might just wait and keep an eye on the forums, large aggressive clowns seem to show up free sometimes.

So now I have a 135 gallon cleared of all my corals and whose sole inhabitant is my royal gramma. Embarassed Very boring but since I ordered the ro unit, new box of salt, new halide bulb, my coral coming tomorrow and a bunch of non reef stuff, I'm totally broke. Looking like I'll be broke next check too but I hoping not, I really need to order fish, especially since it's nice out again.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

I did it and tank update Empty Re: I did it and tank update

Post by danreefs Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:59 pm

WOOT for the RO/DI unit I did it and tank update 818842
danreefs
danreefs
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 1516

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:18 pm

Poor little lonely royal gramma. It really does figure that the clown finally bit the dust just before bringing him home the nem. Huh!

Is the coral that's coming the one you were telling me about? Can't wait to see pics.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by greaser Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:06 am

yes pics please when you get it all in.
greaser
greaser
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:31 am

Ro unit showed up last night, guess they don't send a shipping confirmation email, got 3 boxes from Fedex yesterday and then got home after work at 11pm and found another box! So hopefully I can talk James into figuring it out and setting it up tonight. Do most just run it into a big trash can or what? Got another 200 gallons of salt mix which is good, used the last of mine for the swap.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by Home_Depot Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:20 am

Ya I have a brute garbage can that I run mine in with a float valve so when it gets full it shuts off.
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Post by danreefs Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:43 pm

I use the brute garbage my self to
danreefs
danreefs