Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

anemone for clowns

2 posters

Go down

anemone for clowns Empty anemone for clowns

Post by seaponygirl Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:46 am

I am eventually setting up a 75 gallon. I have one pair of black and white orange faced clowns. One is a misbar. They are a pair, trying to make nests here and there. I have one piece of old coral with a nice mat of alage on it, and one is pitifully trying to nest there. I know they don't really need an anemone but is there a smallish one or something else they could host. I don't want my tank filled with one thing.
What's the opinions out there. I can always hope for some kind of mindblowing variant. It could happen.

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

anemone for clowns Empty Re: anemone for clowns

Post by blennieluvr Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:48 pm

They do sometimes host in frogspawn, toadstools, or other corals but the thing is, you can't make them.  They will or they won't.  Many hobbyists keep one anemone in a 75g tank.  If they split, you just have to try to get the clone out to keep it down to one.  There's always the risk of nems walking though.  They can either zap corals around them as they go or even worse, get caught up in powerheads.  So, you want to be aware of the downsides before getting one.  Personally, if I had clowns, I would want a nem for them.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down