Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

more light questions

3 posters

Go down

more light questions Empty more light questions

Post by tattooedreefer Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:31 pm

Ok so i have an idea and hope this will solve my light issue! What do you guys know about 1000 watt metal halide lights? i think two of those and some t5's i would have about 2600 watts of lights on the 270 is that to much almost 10 watts per gallon. The solaris didnt put out that much so i dont want to burn anything. Also i think i will need a chiller for that much heat, i am not the best with chillers so if anyone has one or knows a good make?
tattooedreefer
tattooedreefer
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

more light questions Empty Re: more light questions

Post by moonyguy Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:40 pm

I don't think you would need 1000 watts. You are better served with 2 or 3 400 watt lights to get the spread and the spectrum you would need. T5s would sure add the actinic touch to the tank. Again it also depends on what animals you want to keep.

Vishnu

moonyguy
Clownfish
Clownfish

Number of posts : 67

http://www.geocities.com/moonyguy

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:48 pm

How deep is the tank? I also think 1000 watters are way overkill for everything and hard on the electric bill. Is this going to be sps dominanted?
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by tattooedreefer Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:30 pm

the tank is 28 inches tall. and yes sps, lps just alot of everything. the thing is it has a euro brace with 3 slots? in it but the middle is for the overflow so really there is two sides and i dont know if there will be enough trow room for the lights? i will try to post a pict later
tattooedreefer
tattooedreefer
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:00 pm

400 watts are good to 24" deep I think so put lps at the bottom, that's where a lot of lps like to be anyways. Is the tank glass or acrylic? What's the length? A picture would be helpful, sounds like a monster tank though, is it custom made?
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down