Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

storm and power outages - everyone OK?

4 posters

Go down

storm and power outages - everyone OK? Empty storm and power outages - everyone OK?

Post by blennieluvr Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:57 am

Work is going to be crazy for me for a few days and daycare is cancelled today due to a power outage but other than that, my family is fine after the storm. How about you guys? I heard from Jodi and got ahold of Jolene last eve and they both had power. I hope all you salties out there in the storm area have electricty at your place. If not and you need help, let us know ASAP!

We were in town when it hit last eve and it was really scary. I have a vid on my phone but am not sure how to upload it.

From what I hear, the power could be out awhile due to the widespread damage.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

storm and power outages - everyone OK? Empty Re: storm and power outages - everyone OK?

Post by cdness Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:28 am

Cammie, glad to hear people are OK in that area. My cousin is up at the cabin for the 4th of July and they got pounded. They are estimating no power for days, which means also no water as well. By what I hear a tree fell on the roof of the cabin, but it is OK. Another one fell on our Bayliner but it doesn't look too bad other than a scratch. My lift canopy was partially removed, but still there which is surprising. I guess about 40 - 50 huge jack pines fell down in the resort alone.

I hope everyone is ok in this mess. I do have some emergency battery powered air pumps I can bring up if needed. We are contemplating a trip up there to help clean up the mess since my wife and I both have tomorrow off... If we come up I can bring them, just let me know ASAP.

I guess if you don't have power, you probably won't see this message though Sad

cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

storm and power outages - everyone OK? Empty Re: storm and power outages - everyone OK?

Post by seaponygirl Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:59 pm

Hi, lots of jacks down around our place, fortunately none of ours fell across the road. ONe of the ponies got out, just before the storm hit, but we got her back in pasture and then the barn all right. The storm blew out two windows on the girls side of the barn, so they got soaked. We moved to the drier side and they hung out with our bigger gelding and he was nice to them. I saw one cuddled up to him after the storm. Power was out for awhile but back on. Fish seem none the worse for wear. We had one cat out during the storm, and I hope he learned his lesson about sneaking outside.
Lots of straight wind damage around us too. We are not far from the resort in Cass Lake. Glad no one has called in hurt yet.
Take care and keep safe.

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanwillow Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:27 pm

Other than trees, okay here

Checked in at the HSC-one coral is doing 'meh' they did really good though, keeping everything else up.
Swanwillow
Swanwillow
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 845

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down