Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So....maybe another tank?

4 posters

Go down

So....maybe another tank? Empty So....maybe another tank?

Post by GoingPostal Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:20 am

We quick setup that 7.5 gallon for the cuttlefish we got, unfortunately one didn't make it home alive and the other disappeared the next day never to be seen again, but James likes where the tank was put and how cute it looks, so he wants to leave it up. However I need a light, preferably led but nothing real powerful, not sure what's going in there yet and I'll need another powerhead. I don't want to build a light, I was looking at that little eco pico light and you can add strips so might go that way unless someone has a better idea. Next figure out what to stock? Already have a nps and mostly lps tank so maybe softies? See if I can keep some zoas alive for a change.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

So....maybe another tank? Empty Re: So....maybe another tank?

Post by blennieluvr Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:48 am

I know I shouldn't, but I'm laughing. It's just like you said last week? 2 times how many rooms you have in the house or something like that?
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanwillow Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:08 am

Mmm, I sorta knew the poor cuddles wouldn't make it long. But they were so damn cute!

You'll need to get them a bigger tank if any of them make it. The dwarf cuddles will need something in the 30+ range, and if they're giants... well... forget your piranhas!
Swanwillow
Swanwillow
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 845

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:52 pm

Yeah they were dwarfs, I have bigger tanks, just wanted to start them in something small since they were tiny, I think there was too much moving around from place to place and not sure when the last time they ate was, the live one seemed interested in food and active, but couldn't find him after the first night. Oh well. I was thinking thanks to you Jodi maybe going for some little gobies, trimmas or whatever is tiny in the tank instead but not sure if they are prone to jumping?
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanwillow Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:32 pm

The trimmas aren't. They are more of a perching goby (think cute clown gobies) But, like clown gobies, they can get sucked into power heads. They are tiny! That said, the angel I got from you ignores mine completely.
Swanwillow
Swanwillow
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:51 am

Hmm, that is pretty tiny, but I thought it would be cool to finally get one or two of those tiny little see through shrimps I'm in love with and don't want anything that would harm them.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanwillow Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:15 pm

You get get rather large groups of the trimmas, depending on tank size. Tax season means I'ma get 2 or 3 more. They are such neat little fish, and have a tiny bio load
Swanwillow
Swanwillow
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by mpedersen Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:23 pm

Well,for now, you have another place to grow NPS. Get something besides Ballanophyllia Wink
mpedersen
mpedersen
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:29 pm

Lol, I did get a dendro polyp that looks like it will actually make babies, unlike my one giant dendro that never reproduces. Do you want some of those when I end up with too many? I had the nps in that tank, but the rhizos just reach too far, gets dangerous for anything else. I would love a tube nem tank but that would require a larger setup. I'm really thinking it might be nice to get a setup with some inverts for a change. Order a couple pom poms, I'm really bummed mine didn't come in for the swap, maybe a porcelain crab, those tiny see through shrimp. I fear that stuff would be lunch in an nps tank.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by mpedersen Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:51 pm

Dendros, indeed, those are awesome. What about tubastrea...they breed if given the chance.
mpedersen
mpedersen
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:59 pm

I would love to get my hands on some sun coral, hasn't worked out yet
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by mpedersen Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:13 pm

Tubastrea should be easy to find. I'll make it a priority for our fragging demo.
mpedersen
mpedersen
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down