Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby Peppermint Shrimp Question??????

4 posters

Go down

Baby Peppermint Shrimp Question?????? Empty Baby Peppermint Shrimp Question??????

Post by honeybm23 Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:39 am

Do they need any kinda of special food or will the majority die off?

I just woke up this morning to snow in the 20L looked closer and relized it was moving. I do not have any intentions of raising them, I have only had the shrimp for 1 month in that tank. I counted aprox 35-45.

I think I'm going crazy. Hubby says I should have a dedicaded 250+ tank for prongs. Yup gotta love the hubby.

honeybm23
Snail
Snail

Number of posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Baby Peppermint Shrimp Question?????? Empty Re: Baby Peppermint Shrimp Question??????

Post by blennieluvr Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:25 am

I read up on this before but don't have any experience with it. I believe they will be lunch unless in their own dedicated tank.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Baby Peppermint Shrimp Question?????? Empty Re: Baby Peppermint Shrimp Question??????

Post by GoingPostal Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:08 pm

They'll die off, unless you have fish in there who would love the snack!
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by honeybm23 Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:08 pm

Thank you both. Never delt with this before so thanks.

honeybm23
Snail
Snail

Number of posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by mpedersen Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:33 am

Look up April Kirkendoll's book "How to Raise and Train your Peppermint Shrimp". Step by step directions. The short of it - they need baby brine shrimp to start off.
mpedersen
mpedersen
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down