Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kudos on the swap

+12
mpedersen
blennieluvr
mrnorth
Joyce
jk10__
plnelson
Home_Depot
Reefer
danreefs
brad
tinkerman
obsessed
16 posters

Go down

Kudos on the swap Empty Kudos on the swap

Post by obsessed Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:45 pm

Great job on the swap this year...Thanks go out to Cammie, Garrett and Phil for the great organization. Thanks!
obsessed
obsessed
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 193

Back to top Go down

Kudos on the swap Empty Re: Kudos on the swap

Post by tinkerman Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:19 pm

Made it home safe. thanks for setting this up guys and gals. And a special thanks to mrnorth for helping with the jump, people are really nice had 2 people stop and offer to jump us, sorry you ran home and didn't have to.

tinkerman
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 417

Back to top Go down

Post by brad Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:04 pm

Thank you. Center was a great place for this. We all had a great time. Kudos on the swap 818842

brad
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post by danreefs Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:06 pm

Sucks that i had to miss it Kudos on the swap Icon_sad
danreefs
danreefs
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 1516

Back to top Go down

Post by Reefer Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:51 pm

I had a good time at the swap. Thanks for putting this on Cammie, Garrett and Phil.

Reefer
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 111

Back to top Go down

Post by Home_Depot Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:03 am

Thanks to everyone that came up, it was alot of fun.
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Post by plnelson Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:24 am

Yeah ME!

and everyone else that helped me look great.

And to Matt.
plnelson
plnelson
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 610

Back to top Go down

Post by jk10__ Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:32 am

It was a great first swap for me.
jk10__
jk10__
Plankton
Plankton

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyce Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:24 pm

I think it was a great swap also..especially the fragging demo and the breeding presentation...thanks to all who helped make it successful! Kudos on the swap Icon_biggrin

Last edited by Joyce on Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add info)
Joyce
Joyce
Clownfish
Clownfish

Number of posts : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by mrnorth Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:00 pm

Yes thanks to all!!!
I got a bunch of nice frags yesterday and an anemone that has found his spot after a full lap in my 55. It's great that you guys give us the chance to swap coral locally but even better to have people to share the hobby with.Thanks again!
Tinkerman, Not a problem,I live 1 mile from the HSC .I'm just glad you guys took the time to drive up...er over here.

mrnorth
Peppermint Shrimp
Peppermint Shrimp

Number of posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:26 pm

Thanks for all the kind words. That HSC was a great location. It was very generous of them to let us use their space free of charge and to allow us a group rate for admission to the exhibits. (It worked out well for them too as I think they have many new corals in the 210 and we did raise money for equipment needs, etc through the food sales and raffles.)

Thanks to:

Matt for making the drive and sharing his knowledge with us. It sounds like it was very well received and appreciated.

Riverside Corals for making the drive and bringing up some nice corals that would have been harder for us to get our hands on being way up here in the middle of nowhere.

Phil for giving a whole new meaning to group orders at NMRC and for graciously being the MC. I think adding the MC part made a big difference at the event.

Thanks also, to Susan who took care of the food arrangements and made the door prize as well as the desirable fragging demo apron. (I believe pics are in order here!)

Also to Jolene and John that helped set up, take down and with food!

A special thank you to everyone that donated baked goods, frags, raffle prizes. It adds a lot, don't you think? I thought the frags in the raffle was fun and think we should make sure to have that at each event.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by mpedersen Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:50 pm

It took a lot of people to pull this off - I hope you guys are able to have many more events like this in the future. I'm really pleased to see everyone contributing where they were able to!

FWIW, know that as a "member" of Frozen Ocean, I'm happy to continue to come and speak in support of one of my new "home clubs" Smile And I'd encourage other Frozen Ocean members to develop their own presentations to give at events like this, afterall, most all of my presentations are about fish and fish breeding so far!

Anyone know how much was raised for the Science Center? I gotta say, I loved the space and was very happy to help do what I could to support it! They were a wonderful host!
mpedersen
mpedersen
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by mpedersen Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:52 pm

Oh, and BTW, I was floored by everyone's gratitude - a) "You're all welcome" and b) "THANK YOU"! I have NEVER ever received a signed card from the members of a club or event that I've spoken at before! Feeling very welcome and at home in my new home, good 'ole Minnesota! (Go Bulldogs!)
mpedersen
mpedersen
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by HSCmember Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:07 pm

Matt,

I forwarded your email regarding the chiclids to James who is in charge of freshwater fish at HSC. I thought he would find it of great interest. Maybe we can do more with some of the other fish too than we are now.

We didn't keep real close tabs on what we raised for funds, most expenses were absorbed by club members so money could go to the tank. It had to be close to $300- spent some of that on corals for the tank Kudos on the swap Icon_lol , and were able to bank $180 towards some more halide bulbs.

The best part was getting new people in to the center and giving everyone a chance to see the tank. We are pretty proud of it.

Thank you so much to everyone!

Susan

Yes, that would have been my next question to you- where do we find good homes for any baby fish we are fortunate enough to raise?

Probably won't have to worry real soon, but you never know.
HSCmember
HSCmember
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 560

Back to top Go down

Post by Mn. reef crzy Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:37 pm

glad to hear it went will, wish i could have been there.

Mn. reef crzy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1169

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangalanglang Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:05 pm

I am excited to be involved with a group that makes the effort to organize and put on events for themselves and the community. Coming in late with car full of live rock from ND I missed the presentations, but did manage to meet a couple of members and even went home with two little frags of starters from ms blennylover. So far they are happy as could be!!!
Tangalanglang
Tangalanglang
Clownfish
Clownfish

Number of posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Kudos on the swap Empty Thank you soooo much!

Post by Nannook Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:49 pm

All of my frags are doing great! Thank you so much for a very enjoyable day. Meeting you all was wonderful. The fragging workshop gives me confidence to try this on my own. I intend to try to get a pair of fish and try breeding eventually. A laurel, and hardy handshake to everyone that made the day so educational and enjoyable.
Nannook
Nannook
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 359

Back to top Go down

Post by mpedersen Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:59 am

So again, so floored by the generousity of the club - it was totally unnecessary to not only give me a hand signed thank you card (again, a TRUE FIRST from any club/event), but the HD gift card, wow. You'll be happy to know I used some of it today to get some Super Glue Gel, Masking Tape, and OUTDOOR HEAVY DUTY TIMERS - not waterproof, but 15 amp timers that are "weatherproof" and will certainly be used in the future fishroom! You guys rock! Thanks again!
mpedersen
mpedersen
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by plnelson Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:03 am

Welcome to Minnesota.
plnelson
plnelson
Admin