Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reef Central!!

+3
Mn. reef crzy
icereefer
Home_Depot
7 posters

Go down

Reef Central!! Empty Reef Central!!

Post by Home_Depot Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:41 am

I am sorry but I have to vent a little can I just say that I think RC SUCKS!!! they have been riding my ass all day long about crap that I had in my sig. to a wanted to buy post and now they took off the post I had for the nano contest. Saying that I was in violation. of penal code blaaa blaa blaaa... they can kiss my ass sorry to anyone that is affended by this but come on we are here to enjoy the hobby and telling someone what they can cant do is a crock. I am probaly going to be kick off there but o well.

Here is what I put in the last post about the contest:

Hey to all the mods here
Why was my post removed for a nano contest that was intented for anyone in the home forum to do? There was nothing in there that was linked to an off site sale. There was actully a link in there to a sponor for RC. This place is getting a to be a JOKE!!!!
I was told that you can place these type of things in your home forum site as long as there was no links in there to an off site sale. Which don't make sence in the first place. There are no RC stores anyway.

I got this also
In addition you're using the contest to drive traffic to a third party website where new people need to register and join, not even to the local club website. RC staff do not go to other websites to promote RC and we expect the same courtesy from the members/ staff of other websites.

This is our local club website so that is not the truth and as far as joining, you have to register and join here to enter the contest I am sure.
I just don't see were it hurt anything I posted it in the greater minnesota forum and that is were the contest is to be run.
I can understand that you have a contest. You would want to promote it as well,but let the people decide were they would want to enter it at. Do force them to only have one option.

Also people need to stop being so dang excited and spend there time just checking posts that dont meet the all mighty RC rules.

I am in this hobby to enjoy it and when you can't post somthing on a forum that is "supposed" to be the best site out there it makes be want to just give it up.

Have a good day!!!
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Reef Central!! Empty Re: Reef Central!!

Post by Home_Depot Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:36 am

Well I am no longer a user of this LOVEY place and I am just heart broke. So to the mods on there THANKS for understanding my points. And have fun.
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icereefer Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:56 am

Yep this is why I Didn't post anything on RC, I know how they are this is why I started my forum because of forums like RC there not really a hobbyist forum there more a commercial forum there main goal there is to draw people in to maybe get sales for there sponsors. that's why there sponsors pay big bucks there to advertize.
The sad thing is more then likely the mod didn't even see your post there, there are many called RC police that get glory that watch post and report them to the Mods, most are post junkies, RC ass kissers that are trying to get in good with the forum.
Vishnu got busted once for posting on RC, and was reported by a local poster.
icereefer
icereefer
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 801

http://redrivervalleyreefers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Home_Depot Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:56 pm

I agree with you Jim I got an email today from them after they booted me. I know that someone came to this site and read what I had posted because they used a line from it about "riding my ass"
I have been to a few new sites that say RC can kiss there ass to. I mainly went there to checkout the sales but you would have to be on 24/7 to get anything. And if you wanted to search for anything ..forget that you would have to be a "premium" member in order to do that unless you were lucky.
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mn. reef crzy Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:01 pm

lol, here we go again garret!!

Mn. reef crzy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1169

Back to top Go down

Post by Home_Depot Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:03 pm

READY AND FIGHT!!!!!!LOL
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Home_Depot Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:04 pm

I fought the law and the law won!!!!!LOL
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mn. reef crzy Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:22 pm

yeah reef central is picky!!

Mn. reef crzy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:05 pm

Sounds to me like you fought the law and got banned!!! Laughing They are pretty strict over there but honestly I have seen much worse, I'm on a lot of forums though. I just like the sheer numbers and checking out what's for sale, gotten some good deals on there.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by Home_Depot Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:13 pm

GoingPostal wrote:Sounds to me like you fought the law and got banned!!! Laughing .

HA HA Tiffany very funny.

I am not going to lose sleep over it. I just found a new site were there are over 5,000 members not as many as RC but they can still.......................................
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mn. reef crzy Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:47 pm

lol, there rules there site. I just think it is funny you got banned.

Mn. reef crzy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:09 pm

I think it stinks that they banned you. I really thought that would be a good place to round up some contestants. Northern MN ya know? Anywho, I don't plan to stop over there anymore. I rarely got any info I needed and have not bothered to shop there.....it's just too busy and I don't have the time to dedicate to trying to make a snatch.

However, I do want to say one thing. I'd like to see us focus less on the negatives even though we've seen our share of crap lately. I say we shake the dirt off our shoes and move on to brighter things like build threads, 2009 plans, etc.

Thanks, Garrett for starting this forum so we have a friendly place to post, visit and share this wonderful hobby. Not only is it good for our club, it has helped introduce us to the Grand Forks club and this new Nano Build and Frag Swap are exciting stuff to have on our horizon! YEAH US! We have come a long way in one year!
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by Home_Depot Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:25 pm

I agree with you about the negitive things. I will be deleting some of the posts on Monday of next week that do not need to be here anymore .

I actually did not think that we would be were we are with this site now. I mainly did it because I did not like RC. But I am really glad I did it and you all have help out to.

Anyway just thought I would say I AM GOING TO WIN THE NANO CONTEST so you all might as well save your money ......wink wink.right Vishnu....LOL lol!
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by moonyguy Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:52 pm

Hehe. If not for RC we wont be able to fully appreciate how good our local forums are. So bad is important to appreciate the good!

Garrett I am glad you are participating and want to win. I only disqualify people....the judges decide who wins it Wink

Vishnu

moonyguy
Clownfish
Clownfish

Number of posts : 67

http://www.geocities.com/moonyguy

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:44 am

I like the post clean up idea Garrett. Thanks for doing that.

And, we haven't even started yet. ANY of us could win. Won't be us though. We're just in it for the fun and to try some new things. I won't regret it even if I don't win. Oh.....the BAD thing is, now that we're doing the contest, we decided to build the tank at home so Jason can be more involved. That means I don't get my nano tank at work for a while yet....maybe till the contest is over. Sad
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by schaver Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:01 pm

you can still do one for work. have your own little contest between each other
schaver
schaver
Mod