Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

anyone frag acans before?

3 posters

Go down

anyone frag acans before? Empty anyone frag acans before?

Post by Mn. reef crzy Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:42 am

I have a large colony of 70 polyps of aussie rainbow acan I received a month ago. I was thinking of fragging but am scared on the pure value of the colony, i dont want to hurt it, but it would be cool to sell some frags of it on RC. Anyone have experience of actually doing this and not just reading about it. I found all the info on the rc forums but i would like someones first hand advice. Also do any of you know if you are supposed to dip lps frags in melifix like you have to for sps.

Mn. reef crzy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1169

Back to top Go down

anyone frag acans before? Empty Re: anyone frag acans before?

Post by Mn. reef crzy Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:43 am

im sure micros are the same process as well.

Mn. reef crzy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:04 pm

I haven't fragged any, no dremel but I've gotten a lot of acan frags and it sure doesn't seem to hurt them to chop the polyps in half or anything. I've had acans live through everything, I think it would be hard to mess it up. Pic? I'd keep it personally unless you are running out of room, nobody has nice colonies anymore, just little bitty frags. But if you are fragging I might want some.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:48 pm

When I have fragged my bubble corals.. I just cut with dremel and if I need to cut tissue I just use a new razor blade dipped in iso-propoyl alcohol... lmk if you need help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mn. reef crzy Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:07 pm

the colony is awesome, i had gotten it from tico mike and it morphed into some awesome colors under my t5 compared to how good it even looked in his tank. I have just considering fragging cause i know i could get some pretty awesome le or tyree stuff in trade, i have had a lot of offers already from some people in tcmas. I really want a tryee watermellon chalice, i just cant justify spending a 150 dollars for a 1/2 inch.

Mn. reef crzy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by orange bam bams Thu May 27, 2010 11:34 pm

a wet saw like for cutting tile actually have seen it done with success by a buddy ! also on youtube there is a video were we got the idea ! anyone frag acans before? Lol
orange bam bams
orange bam bams
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 537

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down