Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what critter have you had the longest?

+2
seaponygirl
blennieluvr
6 posters

Go down

what critter have you had the longest? Empty what critter have you had the longest?

Post by blennieluvr Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:26 am

I'm curious what live critter we all have had the longest. Also, maybe why we held on to them if it was at any time a choice. I realize sometimes, we lose them because of some mishap (heater mishap, coral war, etc.) and not our choice.

My original Duncan frag which has grown out and been fragged a few times now came from Mary and Dustin in 2008 at our first small swap in Bemidji. At that same event, I got an "orange crush acan" from them but I now believe it to be an echinata. It has taken out some nice corals because it's a mean bugger with a long reach but I can't bring myself to get rid of it. It has such nice purples, green and orange hues. I believe I also fragged this guy for our club fundraiser last spring so some of you may have a piece of it. Smile Those are my longest held critters.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

what critter have you had the longest? Empty Re: what critter have you had the longest?

Post by seaponygirl Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:44 am

My longest critter are the ones I got from from my first swap in Bemidji about 3 years ago. I won a pair of black and white clowns, the fish not the people. They are still doing great. They are my longest survivors.

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

what critter have you had the longest? Empty Re: what critter have you had the longest?

Post by icereefer Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:46 am

Mine is my Purple frogspawn I got in 2008 from Mary and Dustin. But I have others that have some of my corals way before that.
icereefer
icereefer
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 801

http://redrivervalleyreefers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mdoty Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:51 am

In February of 2006 I got a pair of cinnamon clowns ( sold to me as Fiji clowns ) almost nine years later still going strong! I also have a Devils hand leather coral from probably 2007, but I think the one I have now is a frag of the original.

Mdoty
Plankton
Plankton

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by David Grigor Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:19 pm

I have a black serpent star that I've had since 2003. It was given to me when I helped tear down a large show tank and I'm sure he had for several years in his tank.  While I haven't given it much thought, I had no idea they can even live that long.   Within the last year or so it lost all of its legs down to just the disc, I threw it into another tank and it has bounced back nicely.

I have a Coral Beauty Dwarf Angel that I got as a hand me down back around 2002-2003 timeframe becuase he suspected it was nipping at SPS. Well later concluded fish was falsely accused and he actually had Acro Eating Flatworms before we knew much about them.

Unfortunately moving from VA to MN back in 1998 I lost everything. My oldest coral is a Large Show sized Turbinaria ( Pictured below ) that I purchased from FlyingFishExpress which is now LiveAquaria back in 1999.

what critter have you had the longest? Full_s10_960x720

David Grigor
Plankton
Plankton

Number of posts : 5

http://davidgrigor.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HSCmember Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:24 pm

The 210 at the science center still has the yellow tang, blue hippo, blue green chromis and one of the 2 original clowns. They were the first fish put in the tank in 2009.
HSCmember
HSCmember
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 560

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down