Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RO system as recommended

3 posters

:: Reef Discussion :: DIY

Go down

RO system as recommended Empty RO system as recommended

Post by seaponygirl Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:49 pm

Well I have a bone to pick with everyone who has told me I need an RO unit to clean up my water and help with the algae problem... (see algae wars)
I had to bribe my brother with taking his turn at cooking for my dad, if he'd put in the Coral life RO unit I have.
Bing bang boom, he had it in, and I'm stuck with a week of extra cooking. It's a long story about the cooking.
Sooo, my brother set it up, RO dripping into a bucket waste water down the washer outlet. No leaks, worked great.
Here's where the bone comes in. NO one told me they can really crank out the RO water. I'm guessing my unit might be the 100 GPD unit, or at least a 50 GPD, I"m guessing now that GPD means Gallons Per Day. That's a bit more than the 5 gallon bucket I had it dripping into. Guess where the extra went. Yep, clean clean basement floors, NOW. LOL it got me out of a 1/2 day of work mopping it up.
I guess now my fish and corals will have clean water, but let's start a campaign for people who don't read labels. Danger Danger Will Robinson!

soggy seaponygirl

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

RO system as recommended Empty Re: RO system as recommended

Post by blennieluvr Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:02 pm

Sorry to hear of your mishap. It sounds like you got a doozy of a unit! I know who to call if we need water ASAP! I hope it didn't do any severe damage!
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:27 am

All I can say is been there done that. It is worse when you lived in a 3rd floor apartment and 10 - 15 gallons gets flooded to the floor because the RODI system was forgotten on Sad
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by seaponygirl Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:05 am

Yeah if anyone needs water, I have towels full and we can just wring them out! No real damage, learned a while ago to keep stuff off the floor.
But get this... last night after my husband had been home awhile, we looked out and the front bumper of his car had fallen off. The whole bumper! Man am I glad it didn't happen on the road. Can you imagine driving over the bumper? Yikes.
So I'm going to take a bucket of RO water and wash it up before he bolts it back on.
Like get tegious (tedious) don't it? (an old old song)

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down