Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sick local frag

4 posters

Go down

sick local frag Empty sick local frag

Post by seaponygirl Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:34 pm

I got a frag when we went to Holly's. It was the green one to the far right of her tank, has small "fingers" It was gorgeous in her tank, in mine, it's just kind of hanging in there, the fingers are droopy, but still move around. Salinity is in the normal range, sorry I forgot those numbers, .23 or 24? Ph is a bit high, and I have the reef Led lights from Marineland and the Led bulb from Cammie. Other tests are in the normal range, from Ricks tests. I know I need to get a REAL test kit. Are they just adjusting to my conditions? They are in the middle of the 20 gallon. I would hate to lose them because I am doing something wrong. I do add calcium every other day, at the bottles dosage. I know Holly grows them perfectly. So it's definetly my fault. PS. The purple mushroom is doing fabulous. Maybe I should only grow mushrooms, eh?

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

sick local frag Empty Re: sick local frag

Post by blennieluvr Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:14 am

My guess is for what your keeping, Sue, you don't necessarily need to dose calcium and you probably shouldn't if you're not testing for it specifically anyway. I'd be glad to come over some time and bring my test kits if you'd like. Other than that, it's hard to say. It sounds like you have a leather and they are kind of temperamental but without actually seeing it and knowing your real parameters it's hard to know.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by orange bam bams Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:58 pm

#1 to what Cammie said !! I do not dose anything that I can't accurately test for!
orange bam bams
orange bam bams
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 537

Back to top Go down

Post by seaponygirl Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:12 pm

It's a miracle! I got an API test kit this weekend. Only missing Alkalinity test. I am looking for one as a separate part.

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloReefer Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:57 pm

Hey, seaponygirl!

I'm pretty sure the frag that you got from me was a Galaxea coral. I keep mine low in my tank and in moderate flow. If you don't have it exposed to flow, I would try that, and maybe even move it lower in the tank for a couple of days. Maybe it will be happier and perk up!

I experiment with my corals a little bit when I first get them to see what level of light and flow they respond most positively to (give them a couple of days per spot to see how they do). When they're happy, I secure them down if possible so they don't get dumped over by my lovely inverts. Surprised

Good luck!
SoloReefer
SoloReefer
Peppermint Shrimp
Peppermint Shrimp

Number of posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by seaponygirl Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:12 pm

I moved the Galaxea under a small back filter. He seems to happier, waving around more, and in the opposite direction of the flow. I gave it a couple of mushed up brine shrimp and it immediately curled around them and pulled them in. I feed Reef chili too.
I went to the world famous Treasure City over the weekend. I got a bunch of smaller shells. As soon as dumped them into my tank, two of the hermit crabs grabbed them and tried them on. One was successful and happy with his choice. The other one would only try the ones too big for him. Is it possible to see frustration on a crabs face? Anyway, he is back in his old shell. I will have to find some smaller shells for him and the others.

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down