Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Anyone Use The Vortech MP10 ES

5 posters

Go down

Does Anyone Use The Vortech MP10 ES Empty Does Anyone Use The Vortech MP10 ES

Post by little_ocean_treasures Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:38 pm

I currently have the Koralia nano powerheads (both a 240 and a 425) and just am not getting the flow I'd like in my Biocube 14 (using the 240) and 29 (using the 425) gallons. My stock Biocube pumps seem to be way more powerful then the powerheads are and they are supposedly have less GPH then the powerheads. So I've been reading a ton on the Vortechs and how so many people have them and really like them. I'm thinking of getting them for both of my Biocubes but the price has me a bit scared. I was just wondering if anyone here is using them and how they like them. Thanks! Wink
little_ocean_treasures
little_ocean_treasures
Clownfish
Clownfish

Number of posts : 82

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone Use The Vortech MP10 ES Empty Re: Does Anyone Use The Vortech MP10 ES

Post by orange bam bams Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:02 pm

I have 2 mp40's wES i really like em' so does my livestock !
orange bam bams
orange bam bams
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 537

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone Use The Vortech MP10 ES Empty Re: Does Anyone Use The Vortech MP10 ES

Post by Swanwillow Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:11 pm

I have an mp 10 on my 36 gallon. I want another! Very Happy It REALLY pushes the water, and will from now on always have at least one as my main water pusher in the tank. When it was running on my 25 gallon, it was sort of tricky, to be honest. It liked to suck air if I had it too high, and water if I had it too low. And taking it apart to clean is sort of tricky.
Swanwillow
Swanwillow
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 845

Back to top Go down

Post by little_ocean_treasures Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:06 pm

I'm thinking that this is why my corals are not doing the best...somewhat poor flow. I was excited about these before, but now I'm really wanting these powerheads. Wink Thanks guys!
little_ocean_treasures
little_ocean_treasures
Clownfish
Clownfish

Back to top Go down

Post by orange bam bams Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:14 pm

I don't know if flow I's problem but could be...there are tOns of factors thT can contribute to corals not looking good ! How stable are yOur parameters ? As far as calc alk mag #'s? Lighting, nutrients and flow can all be causes to look at ! What signs are corals showing ? With time most of us have learned to read the story are corals are telling us and not just what tests say but takes practice and expiermentation ! If you can gives us more details of your issues I'm sure we can help... But other than that i do recommend vortechs quality and customer service I's top notch IMO
orange bam bams
orange bam bams
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanwillow Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:54 pm

Ohhh, auto top offs are amazing. I'm trying to convince a local to invest in one. (Just as a note, its the reason I never made it before now. Topping off gallons of water manually every day stunk!)
Swanwillow
Swanwillow
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by orange bam bams Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:01 pm

I'm about 2 gal a day I'n dry weather ! I still do manually I'n small amounts but am investing I'n a ato very soon building an order slowly as i research thinkin through apex will be best just need the parts and pump also i wanna ad a water on floor detector but I'm kinda leading thread astray...
orange bam bams
orange bam bams
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanwillow Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:28 pm

So am I. We did it the redneck way. Get a small voltage extension cord, a float sensor, and an aqualifter. Splice ONE SIDE of the cord, and the cords from the float sensor to it. make sure to do the electrical nicely, cleanly, and with caps so if water splashes it doesn't kill you... Plug in, plug in, you're done. But that comes with big warnings, since.. ya'know.. its done so rednecky. (but for under 20 bucks) (We also still run it through my reefkeeper, which is ALSO on a separate trip incase something goes wrong.)
Swanwillow
Swanwillow
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by orange bam bams Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:47 pm

I'm going to puchase the i/o breakout box for connecting apex to float switches/water on floor detector and probably will need some more controllable sockets so maybe a 2 or 4 add on
orange bam bams
orange bam bams
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:18 pm

I have the same type as swan but I have a relay controlled with 12V so no 110 in the float switch as the wires are so thin I didn't want to shock myself. Basically the same thing though, DIY.
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by little_ocean_treasures Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:38 pm

Hey, I thought we were talking about Vortechs on here. Razz lol
little_ocean_treasures
little_ocean_treasures
Clownfish
Clownfish

Back to top Go down

Post by danreefs Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:34 pm

What i hate about them is the older thay get the louder thay get.
danreefs
danreefs
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 1516

Back to top Go down

Post by little_ocean_treasures Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:48 pm

Even the newer ones?
little_ocean_treasures
little_ocean_treasures
Clownfish
Clownfish

Back to top Go down

Post by orange bam bams Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:02 pm

Yeah they do need regular cleaning and maintenance as there are wearable parts ! It's like buying a new car verse a couple hundred dollar throw away car if you will !! The brand new car(vortech or tunze) u will obviiously clean it alot and get all scheduled maintenance done to make it last longer! were as the cheap beater car(most cheaper power heads) u will never really clean it and use it till it breaks then get a new one ! but that's just my way of thinkin about it lol or atleast how i convinced my special lady friend (controller of money) Smile to let me by em' as they r an investment... hopefully she deosnt Read that !! Oh also i never run em' on full power as i had heard it's not the best for em' i leave mine turned down a couple notches.
orange bam bams
orange bam bams
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanwillow Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:52 am

Mine's been full blast off and on for a year. Very Happy
Swanwillow
Swanwillow
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by little_ocean_treasures Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:41 am

Okay, they came today. Yay! But one has an issue with the converter box (working on figuring that out) but the other works just fine...I just wish I knew how to work it. lol So that's my question. Which mode do you guys like to run these on? I only have one per tank as they are small tanks but I just can not figure out which mode is really best. What are your favorite modes? And I am not sure how to program it either...so confused. Rolling Eyes
little_ocean_treasures
little_ocean_treasures
Clownfish
Clownfish

Back to top Go down

Post by orange bam bams Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:38 pm

The options for modes are laid out fairly well I'n the manual. I usually run mine on reef crest but i mix it up alot ! Just play around with em' and find what ur corals like best
orange bam bams
orange bam bams
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanwillow Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:47 am

https://youtu.be/z-yWX7-tE7A

page 18

I run nutrient transport mode. Although, there are SOME dead spots, its the only power head I'm using
Swanwillow
Swanwillow
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down