Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

very discouraged - another clove outbreak

5 posters

Go down

very discouraged - another clove outbreak Empty very discouraged - another clove outbreak

Post by blennieluvr Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:14 am

Fighting something again and again really can suck the fun out of this hobby. I now have clove polyps growing on the back of my rock where there is no way I can get to it without disassembling the whole aquascape. I'm sure I'd almost have to start over with new rock like Jim did to totally be rid of those pretty little nuisances. Sad Maybe I'll just let it go this time and see how bad it gets. I really have little choice. I don't have the energy at this point to do the drastic measures it will take to get rid of them!
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

very discouraged - another clove outbreak Empty Re: very discouraged - another clove outbreak

Post by cdness Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:23 pm

Attack of the killer clove zombies... Must be the title of a new horror movie Wink

I have some stuff growing in odd places in my tank too. I just cover them up and hope they die. Sometimes they do and sometimes I find them elsewhere but for some reason it is really hard to get rid of something without drastic measuers. Hopefully they stay in the back and don't hurt anything.

When I get my new tank set up I wouldn't mind a small frag of them. I want to put some stuff in the fuge that can help get rid of stuff and not just be algae. Lots of xenia and other filter feeders will be down there Wink
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

very discouraged - another clove outbreak Empty Re: very discouraged - another clove outbreak

Post by icereefer Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:31 pm

Next time you do a water change and water flow is off if you can shoot them,try Aiptasia X that's how I have been keeping down the small colonies, yeah I got rid of 3/4 of my rock and I'm still Battling tiny Colonies, But I am a Lot closer to winning this war then I was before I got New rock.
icereefer
icereefer
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 801

http://redrivervalleyreefers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerman Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:26 pm

The frag the womon got at Curtis meeting is almost gone the trumpets are fine but the cloves are almost all gone. She has cyno growing on them and nowhere else in the tank. Sorry to hear your pain. It seems like there is always have something that just doesn't want to go the way it should with a tank.

tinkerman
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 417

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:57 pm

I feel for you Cammie, I really do, but just the other day I was looking at a little frag of zoas I got from you and thinking how amazing it was those cloves were still alive and maybe they would spread, lol! It IS funny how some stuff does horrible in one tank and is a pest in another. I have a bunch of clean rock if you need it though!
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down