Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rotifer, pod or pepp cultures - question

4 posters

Go down

rotifer, pod or pepp cultures - question Empty rotifer, pod or pepp cultures - question

Post by blennieluvr Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:09 am

I know Vishnu used to do pod or rotifer cultures. I can't remember which or maybe both. I plan to do a little research but thought I'd throw the question out here too. Does any one here do any culturing of any of these? If so, is it worth the effort?
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

rotifer, pod or pepp cultures - question Empty Re: rotifer, pod or pepp cultures - question

Post by cdness Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:17 am

I hear phyto and rotifers are fairly easy... I don't know about pods. If you do this though let me know as I was thinking about trying too.

I know Brady at Pets R Inn does a brine culture that feeds his tank with baby brine shrimp... Seems to work well for him.
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

rotifer, pod or pepp cultures - question Empty Re: rotifer, pod or pepp cultures - question

Post by blennieluvr Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:21 am

Oh yeah...meant to have phyto in there too. I almost started culturing phyto once but Jason spilled my starter into the tank. The pods sure were happy about that!
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanwillow Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:56 pm

I'm gonna be doing research for starting them in a few... years... lol. Big plans, we'll see what happens.
Swanwillow
Swanwillow
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 845

Back to top Go down

Post by icereefer Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:29 pm

Vishnu use to have Nannochloris and Mysis culture and was going to do Rots but never got time, I use to have Nannochloris,Nannochloropsis and Rotifers, and was thinking of starting up again this late fall, if work ever slows down scratch
we use to have some good posts on our forum about our cultures till I lost them in our forums crash Sad
but I do still have all my cultures in my freezer and all my equipment, like metering valves, pumps,lights,Microalgae Density Measures , culture Vessels, Plankton collectors, Micro Macro Nutrients and my Plankton culture manual,so if you want to know something let me know and a good place to start is look at Florida-Aqua-Farms.com
icereefer
icereefer
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 801

http://redrivervalleyreefers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:16 am

Thanks, Jim. I remember Vishnu showing us what he was going but it was pretty overwhelming to me back then. It sounds like a good meeting topic since there are a few interested in this? Well, that is, if we're ever going to have a meeting. LOL
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down