Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Test kits API vs salifert?

3 posters

Go down

Test kits API vs salifert?  Empty Test kits API vs salifert?

Post by orange bam bams Fri May 27, 2011 1:24 am

Alright i have been converting over to salifert because i had heard they were better ? I have mainly been using API prior ! API calcium reads 440 salifert 380 ! Which one is correct I'n your opinion salifert says 2% error API doesn't even state I'n thinking salifert is more reliable but I'n doing research I'm getting mixed answers ! Is it more expensive just because of importation from holland ? Or just a better kit ? Is there a way to check the accuracy ? And my strotium was zero to one ppm yikes ! Glad i got the test Smile just now I'm confused lol
orange bam bams
orange bam bams
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 537

Back to top Go down

Test kits API vs salifert?  Empty Re: Test kits API vs salifert?

Post by GoingPostal Fri May 27, 2011 9:36 am

Salifert seems to be the preferred one but I don't actually know which is more accurate, following along though because I need new test kits and don't want to blow $20 per kit on a crappy one. Interesting they give two different results, both are still good? Not expired? I have api for calcium right now and salifert for nitrates and red sea for ph/alk, lol.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by orange bam bams Fri May 27, 2011 2:36 pm

Both tests are brand new ! I test daily usually with API at the price Why not ! But here is my plan set all my params w/ salifert and then do API to see the difference i should be able to kinda calibrate API still for daily use ! Like if i get it to let's say 440 on salifert and API says 500 i would know API 's is 440 at 500 maybe that only makes sence to me lol idk i have done more reading and api's tend to have high readings maybe to keep the average hobbyist from going to high ? Ha i said to high lol Smile jocolor
orange bam bams
orange bam bams
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Fri May 27, 2011 10:49 pm

I read quite a long thread on tests a while back. I can't remember the technicalities but I was convinced to buy salifert after that. I think I might have finally gotten rid of all my API tests now after buying a test or two at a time. I follow your thinking bam bams and I'd be apt to try the same thing. May check again down the road with salifert to see if things still seem to be holding true?
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by orange bam bams Sat May 28, 2011 3:01 am

exactly my thoughts i think it would save money in the long run ! especially when testing daily trying to map my tanks usage as of now though api says 520 which cant be true i have only dosed enough calcium to maybe raise it 20 ppms over the last 2 days not 80 ppm like api is saying. salifert is reading about a 20 ppm increase which is what it should be, going by amount dosed !i also tried an istant ocean test it read 490 idk maybe they are all a stab in the dark LOL !!!
orange bam bams
orange bam bams
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down