Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Failed Tank Move...

+4
Mn. reef crzy
tattooedreefer
blennieluvr
cdness
8 posters

Go down

Another Failed Tank Move... Empty Another Failed Tank Move...

Post by cdness Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:16 pm

Well the tank is in the new house finally... Took forever but it's there... This time the weather was more cooperative and I had more people helping so it went much faster. Unfortunately faster wasn't enough to make this move a good one Sad

Two bags popped unnoticed leaving three corals (2x hyacinth b-nest, 1xponape b-nest) to sit dry for 3 hours. They are gone Sad

My 3 different montipora caps are all bleached white...

My girlfriends sun coral is not coming out at all... Was receeding when it was put into the tank Sad

Her blue linkia starfish was losing color in the evening and died in the sump overnight

My Achilles Tang has pop-eye on the left side and looks like he may have a case of tail rot. No idea where this came from as he was perfectly healthy when he was removed from the tank...

I still haven't seen the goby, but I have seen some moved sand so I think he's still in there somewhere...

One chromis is still missing as well as the Mystery Wrasse. Those like to hide well though so they may be just hiding away out of sight until they feel safe.

I don't know what I am doing wrong with these moves but it is not working well for me at all for sure. This time I started it out at 50% existing water and 50% new water and I still had issues... One of these days I'll get it right.
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

Another Failed Tank Move... Empty Re: Another Failed Tank Move...

Post by blennieluvr Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:44 pm

Sorry to hear that. I still have a piece of most of those FIF frags. You're welcome to them and more when you're ready. I wish I had advice for you but it seems like you're doing the same things I have.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:31 pm

Yeah the FIF frags I gave out are going to be nice to get a chunk back from. Thanks for sure on those as I'll need a frag of them... I need to find a better way to do this next time. I am going to find a fool proof way to move a tank one of these days...lol.
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by tattooedreefer Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:22 pm

i found it easier to setup another tank...if you can/time...and transfer slowly. sorry about the tank yours looked awesome when i was there. ill be drilling soon for the breeder if you want to watch me break stuff...i hope not!
tattooedreefer
tattooedreefer
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:27 pm

Yeah if I had the room or time I sure should have done that... Either that or plumb in another mini tank into another person's build so it can be used as a temp tank... I sure hate losing stuff Sad

Drilling isn't bad but good luck. I'd come watch the destruction, I mean drilling, but I have more stuff to move still. Have fun!
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by Mn. reef crzy Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:03 pm

Sad to hear stories like this.

Mn. reef crzy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1169

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerman Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:22 pm

Sorry to hear abot the tank problems. cdness I think I can help with the hyacinth b-nest. Mine is about the size of a softball. Tattooedreefer if you need help drilling let me know I have the drill press thing from when I did mine yet.

tinkerman
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 417

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:26 am

Thanks for all the offers of help. I'll let you kno when things have leveled off a bit and I am ready to put stuff back in again.
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by tattooedreefer Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:45 am

destruction might be right! and tinker i might take you up on that. cd if you need any help im right down the road
tattooedreefer
tattooedreefer
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by Reefer Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:41 pm

sorry to hear about your struggles with move Cdness. I have one piece of the green monpora(i think it was) that would be big enough to give a frag out. The birds nest i got from you aren't big enough to get a frag yet, but if you would like one down the road i can do that. The Birds nest are growing really slow and are not much bigger than when i got them. Also i have that olive milli but that hasn't grown either.

Reefer
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 111

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:39 pm

Hey my olive mille is dead too so when that gets larger let me know. Would love a frag of the green monti for sure.

On a side of good news, the second Chromis came out of hiding!!! YAY!! Smile
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by Home_Depot Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:58 pm

Curtis- I am tearing my tank down and I have aot of smaller frags of monti caps and some other stuff you can have. If I still have them when you are ready they are yours. I have a guy in West Fargo that is really intrested in my whole set-up minus the corals so I might be headed that way to deliver it.Might not be for a month or so. Still have alot of livestock to sell.
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:08 am

If you are coming this way anyway maybe I'd buy some of the livestock (corals)

Do you have an updated list of what's left in your thread?

UPDATE: The Achilles is eating very well and looks like he may not have lost the eye... It's still pretty scarred and may not be full visibility but my fingers are crossed... Still missing the Mystery Wrasse... Where he has gone is still a mystery Sad The last tank move I didn't see him for 3 weeks so not too worried yet.
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by phoenix-cry Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:47 pm

Gah! moving tanks sucks!

phoenix-cry
Snail
Snail

Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Home_Depot Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:57 pm

I just updated my list. The prices are not set in stone. If there is anything you like LMK and I can get pics to you.
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:20 pm

Well more bad news... The achilles tang died today. There was a 50/50 chance with the popeye and i guess he was on the losing end.

Still haven't seen the mystery wrasse but he is a good hider... Going to disturb the rocs a bit on Sunday and see if i can't find him, need to kill some bad aiptasia on a few rocks anyway.
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by Mn. reef crzy Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:00 pm

Achilles tanga are not the strongest of fish but still sad to hear. Hope you find you wrasse

Mn. reef crzy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1169

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:27 pm

Yeah he was kinda my fish i was the most proud of since he was such a difficult fish. started not eating and was getting thin but with a diet change he fattened up and was healthy as a horse. most people couldn't believe i had a healthy achilles. I can say that he grew super fast and was destined for a larger tank. no more tangs of that type in the 75 as they do grow very fast...

The wrasse is still MIA but i haven't had a chance to disturb the rockwork yet.

cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down