Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What should I look to add to my 29g Biocube?

+2
brad
Nannook
6 posters

Go down

What should I look to add to my 29g Biocube? Empty What should I look to add to my 29g Biocube?

Post by Nannook Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:34 am

I am just starting to add life to my tank, I have two hermits, a
peppermint, a cleaner shrimp, two clowns, a Fire and Watchman Gobi a
bubble tipped anemone, some buttons, a leather, and a mushroom. I hate
to trust the LFS to advise me. What types of life can I add?

Acans? I have made numerous mistakes, I am trying NOT to learn the hard way all the time.
Nannook
Nannook
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 359

Back to top Go down

What should I look to add to my 29g Biocube? Empty Re: What should I look to add to my 29g Biocube?

Post by brad Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:41 am

I stick to softies in my cube, the light is just not strong enough for much else. I have tried lps with no luck. Maybe if you placed them real high it would work. The wife is content without any though.

brad
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

What should I look to add to my 29g Biocube? Empty Re: What should I look to add to my 29g Biocube?

Post by plnelson Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:49 am

If you can find one, a Montestrea would work. IME they have been very low light.
plnelson
plnelson
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 610

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:09 am

Most softies should be fine, you got a lighting upgrade on this right? If so than candy canes, frogspawn/hammer should be fine. Zoas, different leathers, clove polyps. Acans probably high up but the color might not be as good. I had a favia and monestrea under pcs that did fine too.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by Nannook Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:48 am

Thank you for the advice, I have jotted them down and will be trolling to see what I can find.
Nannook
Nannook
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:15 am

Are you able to come to Bemidji for the event on Jan 9? I"m guessing there will be some of all of the above for sale/trade there.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by Nannook Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:31 am

Bemidji is a 9.5 on the Clydesdale Scale, I will bring a cooler, a hunger for knowledge, oh and food too! I noticed in the Brainerd meeting I missed that you were building a new tank. Is there any project with this one? I saw Matt is going to speak. I hope to car pool with him and pick his brain on the way there and back. A cooler is the best way to transport specimens correct? Some of the above labels I cannot google. IME does not google, I don't know what that is. Monestrea also does not google. And LPS, any help with these? And what do you know about Xenia, no not the Amazon hollywood star the soft coral.
Nannook
Nannook
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Home_Depot Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:52 am

Xenia would work for you in there I dont know anyone that keep it....well other than (obseesed). I can bring some to the swap if you would like.
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:40 am

Monestrea is probably spelled wrong but usually sold as a favia anyways, look very similar. IME=in my experience, IMO=in my opinion. LPS=large polyped stony. Cooler is fine for transport, especially if it's just for the day like the swap will be.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by Nannook Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:34 am

Okay very good, and yes I would love to try some Xenia if you would not mind bringing to the swap. So what do I do if I have nothing to swap? LOTS and lots of cookies? Peanut Brittle? Pralines? My dazzling charm and wit? Name your price. What should I look to add to my 29g Biocube? Icon_neutral
Nannook
Nannook
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down