Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

two part dosing?

2 posters

Go down

two part dosing? Empty two part dosing?

Post by tinkerman Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:01 pm

Ok I am using dt's two part system and have been adding 50 ml everyother day of ca and kh, just squirting it in sump. Talked with jim for a short while today and he was saying I should be dripping the kh and the way I was dosing the ca was fine is this correctand if so how much would you use in a gal of waterfor how long to drip? This is for a 125 with 33 gal sump. Any good reads for links about calcium reactoers or kalk systems as they are something I know nothing about.

tinkerman
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 417

Back to top Go down

two part dosing? Empty Re: two part dosing?

Post by Mn. reef crzy Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:49 pm

http://www.reefcentral.com/diy/?s=&menu=12

here is one if you want to try and build a reactor. If you were to just dump either of the two in without a doser i think you might be asking for shifts in levels that are unhealthy for growth, even though your corals may not all deflate and reseed it probably is not good. Kalk is especially bad, if you dump kalk in any other manner than dripping you are shocking your tanks ph to probably 8.4 to 8.5 levels at least temporarily. The tuff part about kalkweisser is without a stirrer it will settle in any container. you could maybe dump a maxijet in a container and set it on a timer to aggetate couple times a day but there is no promises if that would work.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=102605

if you cant find the answer to a question to water chemistry here you are not looking hard enough, lol. hope you get it all figured out.

Mn. reef crzy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1169

Back to top Go down