Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What the hell people???

+2
danreefs
GoingPostal
6 posters

Go down

What the hell people??? Empty What the hell people???

Post by GoingPostal Tue May 26, 2009 5:41 pm

Seriously I don't know if I have a "please dump your ferret here" sign on my forehead or what! I have four of my own, last one was a rescue, I really didn't want more than three. Then my friend who got ferrets because of ours gave their 3 to us to take of "for a while". It's been over a year now, they got a new apartment, don't think they are coming back for them. Originally they wanted us to "buy" them, I laughed in their face, apparently they don't realize how much time and money ferrets require for proper care. Since then I've had 4 more offered to me, last being a lady who helps run the local Humane Society, bought it for her sons and now they don't play with it anymore. Is it just assumed because you have some that you are willing to take any? Maybe I'll bring it to the swap and try and pass it off as a rare coral, lol. Anyways, just ranting about people thinking I am some sort of pet dump off point, same thing happened with a puppy last year too, a buddy thought we might want it because we already had two dogs so obviously we wanted a puppy right?
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

What the hell people??? Empty Re: What the hell people???

Post by danreefs Tue May 26, 2009 7:51 pm

GoingPostal wrote:Seriously I don't know if I have a "please dump your ferret here" sign on my forehead or what! I have four of my own, last one was a rescue, I really didn't want more than three. Then my friend who got ferrets because of ours gave their 3 to us to take of "for a while". It's been over a year now, they got a new apartment, don't think they are coming back for them. Originally they wanted us to "buy" them, I laughed in their face, apparently they don't realize how much time and money ferrets require for proper care. Since then I've had 4 more offered to me, last being a lady who helps run the local Humane Society, bought it for her sons and now they don't play with it anymore. Is it just assumed because you have some that you are willing to take any? Maybe I'll bring it to the swap and try and pass it off as a rare coral, lol. Anyways, just ranting about people thinking I am some sort of pet dump off point, same thing happened with a puppy last year too, a buddy thought we might want it because we already had two dogs so obviously we wanted a puppy right?

Hey i have 4 kids can i drop one off? I have a 9-7-5-1 yr old what one will work best at you'r house?
danreefs
danreefs
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 1516

Back to top Go down

Post by greaser Tue May 26, 2009 7:53 pm

we have had 2 they both passed in the past 2 years Sad
greaser
greaser
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Tue May 26, 2009 9:19 pm

Danreefs, probably the 5 year old, housetrained and good age to amuse themselves by playing with my zoo, my nieces and nephews around that age love my house.

Greaser...so I'll just drop this one by then right? Sorry about losing yours, they are such unhealthy little animals and short lifespan, thankfully my crew is all fairly young 3-4 years old and so far pretty healthy, one adrenal girl two years ago that we did surgery on and she's been fine since, although I suspect my rescue male might be adrenal now. Hoping to save some money up over the summer just in case.

I also got told this weekend I should start an exotic animal business by some old lady I had to teach how to handle hers. She's had it a year and never takes it out of the cage because she didn't know how to pick it up and was afraid he would get dropped or loose. She wants it to be a cuddly pet that sits by her while she watches TV. Rolling Eyes Bad choice for that job. Poor thing was super lethargic, horribly long nails I clipped for her but sweet as can be. Apparently she has a wild one living in her attic, she's been feeding it for 3 years. I know, weird right? I assumed she was nuts and maybe it was a squirrel or something but apparently all the squirrels up there she used to feed (!?) have left and she's seen it, it followed her around the attic once. Besides dumped animals, I also attract the crazies.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by ranger_reefer Tue May 26, 2009 9:28 pm

Rofl you went in the attic with a crazy woman in the great white north of MN? You sure are a brave one.

ranger_reefer
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by greaser Tue May 26, 2009 9:34 pm

lol thats funny ass hell

sure bring one down
greaser
greaser
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by danreefs Tue May 26, 2009 9:35 pm

ranger_reefer wrote:Rofl you went in the attic with a crazy woman in the great white north of MN? You sure are a brave one.

ROFL lol!
danreefs
danreefs
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 1516

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Tue May 26, 2009 9:52 pm

ranger_reefer wrote:Rofl you went in the attic with a crazy woman in the great white north of MN? You sure are a brave one.

Hell no! lol! I didn't go in the attic. I don't know if it's a ferret up there or a frickin weasel or something. No, I was helping her with her PET ferret...which she bought to be friends with the ferret in her attic. She thought it would bring "attic ferret" down. No joke, she has that clear tubing taped to her ceiling so it could come downstairs. It hasn't left the attic. I did go to her house alone but I asked about her first, James and his mom work with her and I asked the mail carriers, they knew her, said she was a little off but not going to kill and dismember me.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by obsessed Tue May 26, 2009 10:17 pm

Hmmm. so you must want some cats to add to your collection. we have a dairy farm and every fall cats mysteriously show up! It wouldn't be so bad if people asked if we wanted them but no...they just stop a quarter mile down the road and hope the cats make it too the barn!!! Grrrrrrr.
obsessed
obsessed
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 193

Back to top Go down

Post by Home_Depot Tue May 26, 2009 10:23 pm

Hello and thank you for calling Tiffanys wild and exotic pets, were if you dont want it I will take it how can I help you !!!!
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Tue May 26, 2009 10:27 pm

obsessed wrote:Hmmm. so you must want some cats to add to your collection .

Got one, old crabby kitty, she's about 13 or so, she was found dumped by someone's shack mostly starved but fixed and front declawed. Hates every living thing besides myself and my Mom and will bite although she acts quite friendly. Likes to wake me up about 5am crying for food, then puke it up after I feed her. I am so never getting another cat after this one croaks. I got her when I moved out at 18 because my stepdad wasn't going to put up with being attacked by her anymore. She's a royal PITA.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Thu May 28, 2009 9:50 pm

greaser wrote:lol thats funny ass hell

sure bring one down

Hey you serious because I can get her by then. Talked to the lady tonight and sounds like the ferrets gets out pretty rarely, doesn't get much attention and about 3 years old. If not I guess she will join my gang. Not sure if I am getting cage and all but if you need one I have a small one sitting around.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by ranger_reefer Thu May 28, 2009 11:09 pm

but what about the "attic ferret"?

ranger_reefer
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Thu May 28, 2009 11:25 pm

ranger_reefer wrote:but what about the "attic ferret"?

Who the heck knows, I guess she'll just keep feeding it until it dies. Still can't figure out how the heck a ferret got up there but she didn't seem to want me to go up and try to catch it. I told her to set her live traps again and try to get it.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down