Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

acan trouble

5 posters

Go down

acan trouble Empty acan trouble

Post by blennieluvr Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:38 pm

The acan I got a few weeks ago from Sogonerg on TCMAS was looking great till about a week or so ago. I started to notice the red fleshy part receding or something. One side is now all white...the pretty red heads are gone. I checked params two days ago and they looked good. I wrote them down and will post this eve. I have now purchased two more acans. I sure hope this doesn't happen to them too!

My new duncan from Ben's meeting was a goner too I thought. Half the heads had died and I thought the last three were on their way out too. Last eve I thought they looked much better though. It might just be taking that long for it to adjust to it's new home?

Then there's the brain I got at Garrett's meeting. It was receding when we got it and I can't tell if it's really coming back or not. I imagine this could take time and I should be patient. It doesn't look worse than when I got it I don't think.

Everything else in the tank looks great right now. ??

I wish I was happy just sticking to the super hardy stuff. Then I wouldn't have to worry so much!
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

acan trouble Empty Re: acan trouble

Post by brad Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:23 pm

yeah Cammie mine from Bens meeting are looking similar to what you are saying. I am puzzled. Sad

brad
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post by danreefs Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:40 pm

I have no Acan's so i can't help you there :/ I do hope over time thay will get better for you.
danreefs
danreefs
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 1516

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:30 pm

What's your alk and salinity at? There's a long thread on RC, I think a matching one on TCMAS about acan problems, people have been dosing interceptor (dog meds) to fix it. Not saying that's the same issue, just something to look into if your new ones do this as well. Acans have always been incredibly hardy for me and lived through anything so I'm not much help. Duncans are usually easy too. What test kits are you using?
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:26 am

Here's my test results:
salinity 1.026
calcium 420
PH 8.2
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
I guess I just wrote down how many drops it took for the KH test. I'll have to look at the instructions to see what 7 drops means.
Our tests are API.

I'll look for that thread on TCMAS.

The duncans are really looking better. I have moved them twice so maybe they were just in a place that they didn't like before.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by Home_Depot Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:11 pm

if you put 7 drops for you ALk and it is an API then your ALK is 7. I would bump it up to 8-9
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down