Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metal Halide

+2
brad
schaver
6 posters

Go down

Metal Halide Empty Metal Halide

Post by schaver Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:50 am

Crying or Very sad I've got a single 175 metal halide i just got from flounder from the tcmas site last week and i'm want to get rid of it already. it works fine so $75.00 and its yours, the same that i paid for it. The reision i'm getting rid of it!! Evil or Very Mad WIFE Evil or Very Mad she has commented 3 different times that i spent $75.00 on my tank and for a light a stupid light (her words). and i'm getting sick of that already so i'm gonna get rid of it to SHUT HER UP.
schaver
schaver
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 327

Back to top Go down

Metal Halide Empty Re: Metal Halide

Post by brad Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:00 am

does it hang over or sit on the tank

brad
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post by danreefs Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:52 am

Will that work for a 29g tank ?
danreefs
danreefs
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 1516

Back to top Go down

Post by icereefer Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:05 am

schaver wrote:Crying or Very sad I've got a single 175 metal halide i just got from flounder from the tcmas site last week and i'm want to get rid of it already. it works fine so $75.00 and its yours, the same that i paid for it. The reision i'm getting rid of it!! Evil or Very Mad WIFE Evil or Very Mad she has commented 3 different times that i spent $75.00 on my tank and for a light a stupid light (her words). and i'm getting sick of that already so i'm gonna get rid of it to SHUT HER UP.

Lighting is one of the key elements in this hobby before I even started this hobby I made it clear to the wife it's expences,I started slow with the softies, then she said there borring, so I moved into softies and LPS but told here I'd have to up grade my lighting, then for a spell I raised clownfish with a friend when I was layed up with neck injuries, once I went back to work didn't have time for rearing fish, and wanted to get into stonies more but another upgrade.over the years of slowly seasoning her to the hobby and the peace and calmness it gives me my wife thank god don't buck me much plus she knows and understands this is just not a passing hobby I'm going threw like the other hundreds I've had, but a Passion and love for the Ocean.
and for being so understanding over the years I would have to say, if she ever did come up and say It's the reef tanks our me, "Well Gee I'm sure going to miss you". lol!
icereefer
icereefer
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 801

http://redrivervalleyreefers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by schaver Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:08 pm

Brad, its hangs but prabably in a canapy or framed around I will try to get a pic up today sometime.

danreef, it should work its got a 24 inch reflector.

icereefer, thats kinda a strange about you having neck injurys, thats how i started, I broke my neck (the c-2 vertabrea) the same as christerfer reeves (superman) two weeks after he did back in "95" and was laid up for a year so i started reading up on it. but her main bad word right now is i've been unemployed for 6-months now and we cant really aford it right now. she understands that i do need the lights, to make things grow. just bad timeing
schaver
schaver
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by icereefer Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:36 am

I was lucky I didn't break my neck but I crushed my head and it brew out the fluid in 2 of my vertebraes and one was where my nerves of my left arm ran in so it pinched the nerves and you talk about pain. I was even shot once and that wasn't even close to the pain I got from my neck injury, rehab sucked.Both times. Crying or Very sad
But yeah I understand, one thing nice if i need to I can sell frags to do my upgrades.
icereefer
icereefer
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 801

http://redrivervalleyreefers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by schaver Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:09 am

well she might let me keep the light after all. I told her i put it up here to sell and she was like I didn't mean for you to sell it! so for now i guess it is gonna stay here. at least now one really commited on buying it.
schaver
schaver
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot54 Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:34 pm

Do you have any pictures yet? I might be too late tho.
Patriot54
Patriot54
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:56 am

I'm glad you get to keep it Randy. You'll have a hard time finding another for $75! Hopefully, you'll be able to land yourself a job soon!
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down