Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out of the contest and other news

+3
kylesmoney
Mn. reef crzy
GoingPostal
7 posters

Go down

Out of the contest and other news Empty Out of the contest and other news

Post by GoingPostal Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:11 am

Still have to break the news to JimReef but I took down the 10 gallon today. I still hadn't bought a light for it and yesterday noticed some salt creep by the bottom corner, cleaned it off and it was back today. So my fears came true and the stupid tank started leaking. My pet store never did get me another one in. Oh well, we are focusing so much effort on the 135 it was getting ignored anyways. Everyone else in the contest just got their chances of winning improved a little though!

Bad part is a lot of stuff in there I don't think will do so great in the 135, my bubble, mushrooms and duncans especially but there's no other place for them to go. I'm hoping my stupid clown will leave the duncans alone but if not they may be up for grabs on here, they are way too large for my aquapod.

I did buy another bulb for the 135 finally and put it in today, a Phoenix 14k, nice change from just the 10k over the middle. One more halide bulb and I'll be set. I bought the other back actinic bulb but it's on backorder. I hate buying new bulbs, they are way too expensive. Still need two more actinics for the front. And a butt load of live rock. I think we are just going to skip fish, get one small eel and make the tank mostly coral. Hopefully the eel will eat the clownfish for me. Twisted Evil I need to take some new pics but beware, the rock work isn't pretty, I don't see much point in aquascaping when there's so much rock left to fill in yet. That's my update anyways, kinda bummed but it gives me one less tank to take care of and worry about.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Out of the contest and other news Empty Re: Out of the contest and other news

Post by Mn. reef crzy Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:23 am

i really miss my eel, but my inverts dont. They are alot of fun to feed.

Mn. reef crzy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1169

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:36 am

Yeah my mom is freaked out about the eel idea. She had all sorts of questions.

"How big?" Two feet Mom. "Oh, that's too big"

"How often you gotta feed it?" She said now we will have even more people over, we used to have a crowd on Tuesdays to watch my snake eat. It's just a ball python, you'd think we had a anaconda the way people are excited about it. I'm sure the same group will have to watch us feed the eel. I think it'll be kinda cool, we have lots of shelf rock so we already built in a couple caves. I'm waiting until it's warmer to try and get one though. James keeps talking multiple eels but I'm thinking one is plenty.

Hey Andre, you still interested in those acans by the way? We bought those two frags off Jason up here and one is identical to the one we already had and were trying to sell. Out of the contest and other news 452363 James didn't believe me but he's color blind anyways, he's finally agreed they are the same now that I put them side by side. So one of the frags is up for grabs again, there's 10 polyps or so on it. Trade or sell.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by kylesmoney Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:43 am

what kindof eel? Im a fan of snowflakes Very Happy

kylesmoney
Plankton
Plankton

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mn. reef crzy Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:05 am

yeah we will work something out on the acan. wether it is trade or not is ok with me.

Mn. reef crzy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Home_Depot Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:45 am

Sorry to hear that Tiffany. I know Doug has a eel he is tring to get rid of. Maybe you could get that one from him when he switches tanks??
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:50 am

Planning on a goldentail if I can get my hands on one. Live Aquaria has some occansionally but want a couple hundred for them, there's a guy in Florida who dives and only wants $42 but he'd have to catch me one. James doesn't like snowflakes at all. I don't mind them.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:52 pm

Sad to hear of your news about being out of the contest. If I had a 135 build going on, I'd be concentrating my efforts there too. You being out does up the odds for the rest of us as you're the nano experts! But, I still would rather have you participate. Crying or Very sad

If my clown doesn't pay any attention to the anemone (in the 75), will it probably not pay any attention to the duncan? I'm very interested in getting more LPS. Please keep me in mind.

I'll be glad to see an eel in your tank, especially if it's something different than a snowflake which I have seen plenty of. I do not however, want one in mine. affraid
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by Dedex Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:02 pm

Tiff, sorry to hear about you dropping out of the contest. We may be as well. I have to do some checking on a few things before we decide or not. I am interested in your bubble if you decide to sell.

Dedex
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:57 pm

Vultures all of you!! j/k. We shall see how it works out, the duncan is ok for now but hasn't been in there fully open yet and that's when she decides it's her host and bugs the crap out of it, the bubble doesn't look too thrilled with the flow. I gotta find another spot to put it. The whole tank is just a terrible mess of coral and smaller rock all over the bottom. I hate aquascaping, especially when you can't see what you are doing and don't have enough rock.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Mn. reef crzy Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:28 pm

yeah if i were to get another i think i would get a ribbon.

Mn. reef crzy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:25 am

GoingPostal wrote:Vultures all of you!!.

I know, I know! Embarassed

Can you post pics of your build on another thread? I sure would like to watch it!
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by danreefs Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:07 pm

Can you post pics of your build on another thread? I sure would like to watch it![/quote]
Me to Out of the contest and other news 313206
danreefs
danreefs
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 1516

Back to top Go down

Post by Dedex Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:43 pm

Me three!!!!!! Out of the contest and other news 452363

Dedex
Tang