Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What salt and/or supplements do you use?

+7
Mn. reef crzy
tattooedreefer
Home_Depot
brad
GoingPostal
schaver
blennieluvr
11 posters

Go down

What salt and/or supplements do you use? Empty What salt and/or supplements do you use?

Post by blennieluvr Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:09 am

I thought I'd get a poll going. I thought we could do this from time to time to keep our forum more interesting.

For us,
Salt = Instant Ocean
Supplements = C Balance from F&S every other day or so (C Balance is a two-part, calcium and alkalinity maintenance system that adjusts calcium, magnesium, and strontium ions to natural seawater ratios, and achieves a balanced ionic residual. Makes replenishment of calcium and alkalinity easy, and keeps your calcium and alkalinity in perfect harmony, assuring the optimum conditions for growing stony corals and coralline algae)

and Tech I (iodine) once a week
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

What salt and/or supplements do you use? Empty Re: What salt and/or supplements do you use?

Post by schaver Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:53 am

i've tried 3or 4 different kinds and reef crystals have seemed to work best for me it desolves nice and quick (i mix and put in the tank within 5 min. i dont let set for a long period of time)
not sure what the difference is between RC and instant ocean being RC is made by IO .
schaver
schaver
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 327

Back to top Go down

What salt and/or supplements do you use? Empty Re: What salt and/or supplements do you use?

Post by GoingPostal Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:21 pm

I use reef crystals as well, used to use instant ocean and don't honestly notice a difference other than you don't get a t-shirt. Supplements I have a couple different calcium and alk additives but don't really dose unless I get ambitious enough to test.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by brad Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:09 pm

I use coralife salt and use the 2part system from BRS for calcium and alk. Once a week I throw a sea lab block in, it takes about that long to dissolve.5 gal water change every 2 weeks also.

brad
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post by Home_Depot Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:38 pm

I use reef crystals and I don't use any supplements.. Very Happy
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:59 am

Wait, I'd get a shirt if I ordered RC?

We notice our zenia droop occasionally and adding that Tech I makes a big difference.

The C Balance is something we decided to try after the meeting at Coopers. It sure seems to be helping.

Hmm...what's a sea lab block?
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:23 am

You used to get a free t-shirt in Instant Ocean actually, we have two or three of them around, I think it may have stopped because the shirts were about the Georgia Aquarium and their whale sharks Frank and Norton, said something about how the aquarium used IO and how great it was and then both those sharks later died. Rolling Eyes Not because of the salt but still, not good for the ad campaign.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by tattooedreefer Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:22 pm

I use coral pro salt if you use ro/ di it is awsome always prfect ca. level
tattooedreefer
tattooedreefer
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by Mn. reef crzy Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:06 pm

reef crystals, and i have been using bulk reef magnesium, calcium reactor ARM media, kalk reactor. I use some ammino acids, iron, and iodide. 60 gallon water change per month.

Mn. reef crzy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1169

Back to top Go down

Post by moonyguy Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:35 am

I use Reef Crystals but buffer, Ca and Mg to 450 and 1300 respectively. I run Ca reactor with ARM Media and ZeoMag. I use Kalk for top off (1 tsp/gallon). I am going to start getting into full Zeovit system soon so trying to bring down my Alk (RC is about 12 dkH out of the bucket) to NSW levels (6.5-8 dkH). I do 13 gallon water change every 2 weeks in both my frag and display tank.

moonyguy
Clownfish
Clownfish

Number of posts : 67

http://www.geocities.com/moonyguy

Back to top Go down

Post by icereefer Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:55 pm

I use RC too, I use Bulk Reef supply.com Cal,Alk and Mag and just started buffering Pohl's (zoevit) K-balance Potassuim been using it 2 days and already have notice color up on my SPS.
Cal 420,alk 10 dkH, mg 1300, potassium 340 mg my target is 390 mg
I dose 1 1/2 ml of Coralamino once a day, 2 ml of liquid life Coralplankton a day, Spot feed Polyp lab Reef-Roids to my corals once a week, complements of Vishnu thanks my corals love this stuff. and use Roti-Rich once a week till I get my Rotifer culture going.
and I do a 10 gal weekly water change but been slacking because of my heavy work load at work lately so they've been 10 gal water changes every 2 to 3 weeks Embarassed
icereefer
icereefer
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 801

http://redrivervalleyreefers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fastfish720 Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:02 pm

Reef Crystals and now Tropic Marin Salt

Tropic Marin Reef Actif
Reef Chili
2 Part Calium and Alkalinity + Mg
TM Lipovit
TM Immuvit
TMC Frozen Gamma Foods
Live Phyto

fastfish720
Plankton
Plankton

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Dedex Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:11 am

We use Reef Crystals as well - I must be doing something right for once!!!!!

Dedex
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down