Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

many reefers overboard with lighting?

2 posters

Go down

many reefers overboard with lighting? Empty many reefers overboard with lighting?

Post by blennieluvr Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:36 pm

I heard, on the last Reef Threads, podcast from Gary Parr and Christine Williams which was a recap of MACNA, that one of the speakers talked about corals not needing more than 200 par and that most reefers are overboard on their lighting. I have to admit, this is something that I have wondered about for quite some time. Thoughts anyone?

Also, I was curious who out there had Lyle take their par readings a couple of years ago (swap 2012 maybe?) and if you'd share what the readings were and what kind of lighting you had. I was too busy with the swap that day to have him out to my house sadly. Maybe some day I can twist his arm to come back but I thought this new info would be much more helpful if we knew what kind of readings some of us have gotten in the past.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

many reefers overboard with lighting? Empty Re: many reefers overboard with lighting?

Post by Swanwillow Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:03 am

I had my par readings done, was using the leds. Top numbers were 'high' bottom numbers 'low' to 'non existant' in a 25 cube
Swanwillow
Swanwillow
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 845

Back to top Go down

many reefers overboard with lighting? Empty Re: many reefers overboard with lighting?

Post by blennieluvr Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:55 pm

Marc Levenson spoke to the Duluth club about par and I see he has some of this documented on his website. Check out this link for a tank and different par reading throughout to get an idea of what might be typical.

http://www.melevsreef.com/par_readings.html
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down