Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sump leakage

3 posters

Go down

sump leakage Empty sump leakage

Post by schaver Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:39 pm

I was just cking on the sump yesterday and it was a little wet around the edges so i put down some towels and today it was really wet. not shure what happend but 1 chamber is losing water somewhere. so i'm gonna take out that rock thats in that chamber and take a look .

?? what kind of silicone can you use that is safe ?? regular 100% silicone work ?? The worst senario whould be to replace the whole sump (any one got a 55 they dont need any more) if i cant fix it. This is the first time i've ever had some thing like this happen to me and my tanks.
schaver
schaver
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 327

Back to top Go down

sump leakage Empty Re: sump leakage

Post by Mn. reef crzy Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:14 pm

you can use regular 100% silicone, do not use the stuff with anti mold addiditives. I know when i use to think glass was a good product for a sump i built a few failures but i did lots of research and just regular silicone from home depot is fine.

Mn. reef crzy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1169

Back to top Go down

Post by schaver Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:43 am

all fixed (at least i hope so) just waiting for the silicone to dry completly then i can start it up again.
schaver
schaver
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Home_Depot Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:04 pm

I saw that you found the leak. Hope it all works out!! Very Happy
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Post by schaver Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:04 pm

Yea I started filling it up. and all i keep on hand filled is 15 gal. and thats not nearly enough so i was thinking where did that 25 gl (i'm guesing) go?? the carpets not wet, the wood was a little wet, I went down stairs there was water soaked in eveywhere which is ok, its a dirt floor basement I mean crawl space and luckly there is a spot where a heating vent was at one time directly under my tank all water flowed right thru that spot . How lucky can a guy get!! Shocked But so far no leaks bounce and will finish filling as soon as i make more water.
schaver
schaver
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by schaver Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:06 pm

My sump has been running for almost a week now and looking /working good. you cant even see the repair and i re aranged the rubble rock to maybe work a little bit better.

a ?? tho i put a temp.skimmer on while my sump was down and once i started it up again i have just left both running and both are filling up with junk is that a sign that i need a bigger skimmer?? my main one is pretty old but still seems to work good.

Let me know what you think when you see it on Sun.
schaver
schaver
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down