Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tank goals for 2012?

4 posters

Go down

Tank goals for 2012? Empty Tank goals for 2012?

Post by blennieluvr Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:43 pm

Any goals for your tank this year? I have some as I always do. Last year I didn't follow my goals at all in that I didn't want to add much but just work on my maintenance routine. Well, I ended up swapping out a lot of corals last year....added some that I like and got rid of some to make room for the new ones. I don't have much for softies anymore. I'm nearly all SPS and LPS.

My goals for 2012:
go to more events...TCMAS speaker, swap, Duluth meetings, Fargo mini swap, liveaquaria tour....

maintenance on my 75g...I think I need to work on flow and maybe it's time to take out my sand bed. I'll start a thread maybe to discuss that soon.

set up my nano....I need livestock for it and hopefully will be getting those LED's in a few weeks

That's all I can think of now. Oh...I'm also reading more sites and listening to reefthreads each week, etc. I'm working on broadening my horizons. Smile

blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Tank goals for 2012? Empty Re: Tank goals for 2012?

Post by blennieluvr Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:55 pm

HA....found my goals from last year.
One of my goals is to attend every meeting we have since they are so few and far between nowadays. Smile I figure I'll also be taking in the TCMAS swap this spring and would love to go to MACNA this fall but, that's probably more of a fantasy then a goal. I'm really not getting to rub elbows with fellow hobbyists as much as I'd like to lately so am looking to do that any chance I can get.

I have a few more specific to my tank as well:

1) Continue the HA battle w/10% weekly W/C's and diligent husbandry. DONE. Now I'm just having sandbed troubles. Where's the emoticon for smacking my head against the wall or hitting myself on the head! LOL

2) Aim for consistent good water parameters. The newly set up dosing pumps should help with this. Also, I plan to do weekly tests at first and then maybe every 2 weeks after I'm comfortable with things. The dosing pumps do help A LOT! Do need to test more frequently though.

3) Thin out the corals some and be super selective about new stuff. I'm really trying to work on this one! What a Face

4) Hook up the workhorse ballast to the actinics so all my bulbs don't have to come on at the same time. I miss my actinics at the end of the day! Got a 6 bulb T5 fixture instead and I love it!

5) Try the scwd I've had for months now and/or add flow some other way....hopefully variable flow. I think I need more flow lower in my tank and through the rocks. There's always "fuzz" growing down there. Sad Gee, I wonder why I have HA! LOL
Yep..still on the list for 2012!

My list hasn't change that much.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by seaponygirl Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:57 am

My Goals are easy to set, hard to maintain.
1. My main goal is NOT to build huge tanks next weekend and completely stock them by Monday. I am not good at waiting.
2. Relearn saltwater keeping
3. Learn more about reef keeping
4. Have the largest collection of Zoanthids in the world. (Oh, yeah, I forgot #1 for a sec)
5. Plan a build combining two 55 gallon tanks, yeah with a volcano in between with led lights for the lava flow and a mister for smoke coming out of the top and maybe led lights running under water to look like more lava... Refer to #1
6. Attend all meetings.

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:29 pm

Mine are actually easy... I hope:

1. Same as last year to increase stability of my tank. I have the dosing pumps, just need to install them.

2. Do my best to build up the club presence in the FM area... While also attempting to attend as many meetings as I can with all the area clubs.

3. Do not move any of my own tanks this year so I can actually keep stuff stable. The 125 is up and isn't budging until I find a new house in a couple years.

4. Increase my coral selection and variety by finding colors I do not have yet as well as types of corals I do not have yet. Of course this will exclude chalices as I am still not sold on them yet...lol.
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanwillow Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:07 pm

hmmm

1) more flow somehow. I just don't want to pay for another Vortech, but it'd look so nice

2) sell some of my corals, and work on getting only zoanthids and acans.

3) start a mini-maxi colony!

4) find a new home for my angel (tee hee)

5) reduce but not remove my sandbed, OR get something to work the sandbed over, many many times over.
Swanwillow
Swanwillow
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 845

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down