Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking For Some Cycle Seeding Material in Bemidji

3 posters

Go down

Looking For Some Cycle Seeding Material in Bemidji Empty Looking For Some Cycle Seeding Material in Bemidji

Post by TMF89 Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:59 pm

Hey guys, I have a spare 20L and a small HOB skimmer hanging around, so I figured I'd set er up! Got the rock and will get the sand soon (although if anyone has 20-30lbs of sand for sale I'd probably pick it up), but it's dry. I'm wondering if anyone has some live rock/sand I could borrow to seed my cycle. I'd greatly appreciate it! I'll be back in town (home for winter break) this weekend.

TMF89
Snail
Snail

Number of posts : 27

Back to top Go down

Looking For Some Cycle Seeding Material in Bemidji Empty Re: Looking For Some Cycle Seeding Material in Bemidji

Post by Swanwillow Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:48 pm

Oh, didn't see this before... I can give ya a little chunk of rock, but I'm not sure that a little chunk from my nano would help much.
Swanwillow
Swanwillow
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 845

Back to top Go down

Looking For Some Cycle Seeding Material in Bemidji Empty Re: Looking For Some Cycle Seeding Material in Bemidji

Post by HSCmember Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:00 pm

Science Center tank has aptasia or however it is spelled or you could borrow some I'm sure.
HSCmember
HSCmember
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 560

Back to top Go down

Post by TMF89 Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:47 pm

Well Swan I might have to take you up on that. And I'm going to talk to the Science Center tomorrow, thanks for the advice. Anyone else spare some media?

TMF89
Snail
Snail

Number of posts : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanwillow Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:07 pm

Well, what all do you need? I don't have a TON of sand, but I do have a cycled tank that's been cycling for... ummm, a few months with a good deep sand bed you can get sand out of.
Swanwillow
Swanwillow
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 845

Back to top Go down

Post by HSCmember Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:18 pm

It would be hard to get sand out of the one at the science center simply because it is just plain hard to find a spot. If you bring in sand, you might be able to trade for sand in tank. Some isn't the greatest yet though.
HSCmember
HSCmember
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 560

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down