Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

40G Bdr stacked setup - Very modern style (also livestock)

3 posters

Go down

40G Bdr stacked setup - Very modern style (also livestock) Empty 40G Bdr stacked setup - Very modern style (also livestock)

Post by cdness Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:11 pm

Hi All,

I contacted someone via Craigslist regarding a sale of equipment and after talking with him, he really wants to make sure his fish get a good home and was trying to sell his very original looking tank setup. I said I can try help out a bit so here's the info I got from him:

Tank:
Sadly I'm hanging up the towel with the saltwater hobby. I love this building side of it but I'm simply to busy for fish. I'm selling a forty gallon breeder stacked tank. Its got a custom sump, turf scrubber, uv filter (which was off of my 125 gallon so its over kill for this system) two 150 watt halides, cpr overflow and all the live stock.

Livestock:
My livestock is about 200 pounds of live rock, X amount of sand. Tons of green mushrooms, feather duster, Naso tang, goldenheaded golby. All healthy and about a year old.

I checked out the tank today and it honestly looks really cool. I didn't know you could do this with tanks but it holds water and stands up perfectly fine. The stand is a mix of 2x4 and concrete, but it is light too. Someone who is looking for something out of the box should see this one in person. He also said that if anyone is looking for something original to give him a call as he is always looking for stuff to build and enjoys the original stuff.

Here's pictures of the tank, dry of course:

40G Bdr stacked setup - Very modern style (also livestock) IMG_0043

40G Bdr stacked setup - Very modern style (also livestock) IMG_0053

40G Bdr stacked setup - Very modern style (also livestock) IMG_0065

40G Bdr stacked setup - Very modern style (also livestock) IMG_0074

Contact Info:
Phone: (507) 822-3014
Email: bradyhaugen AT hotmail.​com
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

40G Bdr stacked setup - Very modern style (also livestock) Empty Re: 40G Bdr stacked setup - Very modern style (also livestock)

Post by mpedersen Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:37 pm

Very, very interesting????
mpedersen
mpedersen
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 399

Back to top Go down

40G Bdr stacked setup - Very modern style (also livestock) Empty Re: 40G Bdr stacked setup - Very modern style (also livestock)

Post by blennieluvr Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:45 pm

It would be fun to see in person. zIt's too long of a drive just for a look-see though. Unique for sure.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:54 pm

Yeah it is a cool setup. I have seen it so I know it holds water and stands up. Kinda scares me but it is structurally sound. Architects always push the limits a bit, but they usually overbuild things too.
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:00 am

I really wonder about the part hanging out over the edge. That part would scare me if it were sitting in my living room.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down