Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trochus snails

3 posters

Go down

Trochus snails Empty Trochus snails

Post by plnelson Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:59 pm

I received this from my supplier yesterday, and thought I'd share. With the exception of being Photophobic, it's exactly what SWE says about them too. Enjoy

Featured Invert
Tiger Trochus
The tiger or black foot Trochus is without a doubt the most aggressive algae eating snail I have ever seen. These guys are non-stop eating. They have several advantages over the other algae eating snails. They are (1) photophobic (they hate the light) so they hide under the decoration/live rock when the lights are on, (2) they have (unlike all other snails) the amazing ability to flip themselves right side up, even on bare bottom tanks , this way your hermit crabs don't eat them all, (3) they are not large enough to knock all of your corals over. If that hasn't sold you then the fact that they eat more algae than any other snail should. They do cost more than many snails, but are worth every penny and then some. If you haven't tried them yet you are missing out.
plnelson
plnelson
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 610

Back to top Go down

Trochus snails Empty Re: Trochus snails

Post by danreefs Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:33 pm

I need to get some of them.
danreefs
danreefs
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 1516

Back to top Go down

Post by plnelson Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:46 pm

That's why I posted this. hehehehe Trochus snails 452363

Just kidding, it's good to know.
plnelson
plnelson
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 610

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:03 pm

I think I've shared this before but I've tried them on SWE's recommendation and I do like them. They cost more but last much longer. You'd be saving money in the long run.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down