Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RO Water waste

2 posters

Go down

RO Water waste Empty RO Water waste

Post by amerritt Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:27 pm

Hi,
Anita Merritt from the Headwaters Science Center. New to the subject here. Have a question if anyone should know the answer. When you make RO water, just what is concentrated in the waste water produced? Is it still usable for other purposes, for example as drinking water for other animals? Would it be usable if run through a Brita filter first? We are discarding a lot of water down the sink at the science center which of course = money and we are very non profit. I would like not to waste the discard water from the RO unless there is a reason I should. Any ideas from anyone?

Thanks

amerritt
Snail
Snail

Number of posts : 28

http://contact@hscbemdiji.org

Back to top Go down

RO Water waste Empty Re: RO Water waste

Post by lost in it all Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:30 am

I am not going to say for sure as in not tested but depending on your source the water will just have a higher concentration of everything that is already in your water. Some people I have seen use it to water plant, gardens lawns, I personally used mine to fill the wash machine when I was first filling my tank. If you run it through a brita filter it should be the same as if you ran it through the filter then through the filter. Anybody can feel free to correct me but this is what I have found out about ro waste water, (not filtered water basically) oh wait thats not true cause it has gone through the first stages already.

lost in it all
Plankton
Plankton

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down