Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reaquascape and flood....

3 posters

Go down

Reaquascape and flood.... Empty Reaquascape and flood....

Post by blennieluvr Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:51 am

Well, we finally did it. We drilled some of our rock and stacked it up nice and tall last eve. I found spots for everything. Many of my frag swap acquisitions had still been on the sand bed or in the frag rack awaiting this anticipated reaquascaping project. I was so relieved as I'd even lost a frag because it got knocked over (a snail or hermit) and onto another frag and lost the battle that ensued and couldn't wait to have things secured. We discussed drilling the rock when I had people over the night before the swap and I had made my mind up to JUST DO IT!

Then, this a.m., we woke to a skimmer that went crazy and a mini flood in the basement. We lost a little over 5 gal of water! Shocked The salinity had dropped to 1.023. I took out some water and added salt to bring it back up. Everything looked OK this a.m. I hope it will still look that way when we get home.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Reaquascape and flood.... Empty Re: Reaquascape and flood....

Post by danreefs Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:33 pm

Reaquascape and flood.... 780653

Why did your skimmer go nuts ?
danreefs
danreefs
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 1516

Back to top Go down

Post by Mn. reef crzy Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:08 pm

glad to hear you attached all your rock, i want some pictures of the new look.

Mn. reef crzy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1169

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:04 am

Smile I do intend to post some but, keep in mind, it usually takes me a month or so to actually do it. Embarassed We do have a quiet weekend coming up so maybe I can JUST DO IT. I had meant to take before and after pics but forgot about the befores until we were mid project. I'm putting in my new bulbs first too....2 blue plus and 2 blue special ATI's. Can't wait to see how they look.

(I'm really tired of dodging my clownfish while I work in the tank. I must have gotten bit seven times in the last couple of days!!!)

The skimmer must have just reacted to the drilling of the rock? I really don't know. I'm sure we stirred up some junk in the sand too. It's better now and no casualites so that's good. My RBTA looks a little rough and it didn't accept food as readily as usual but, I don't think it looks so bad that it will not recover.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danreefs Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:07 pm

HEY

Reaquascape and flood.... 780653

and did you use rods and drilled the rock when you reaquascaped?
danreefs
danreefs
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:56 pm

I know, I know. We have to buy a new camera and the tank is the first thing we will take pics of!

Yeah....we drilled the rock and used skinny PVC pipe to thread through.

I also got my new bulbs and boy do I love 'em! ATI - 2 Blue Plus and 2 Blue Special.

Pics are a comin'!
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danreefs Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:31 pm

blennieluvr wrote:I know, I know. We have to buy a new camera and the tank is the first thing we will take pics of!

Yeah....we drilled the rock and used skinny PVC pipe to thread through.

I also got my new bulbs and boy do I love 'em! ATI - 2 Blue Plus and 2 Blue Special.

Pics are a comin'!

What size PVC pipe did you use ? In the next 2-3 weeks i will be resetting up my tank lol
danreefs
danreefs
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down