Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help me pick my fish

5 posters

Go down

help me pick my fish Empty help me pick my fish

Post by blennieluvr Sat May 09, 2009 10:19 pm

I think we're going to catch the ol' clown and bring him in to the LFS. He's picking at the RBTA! And, since the tang is no longer, all we'd have left is the hardy blue damsel that was my first fish ever and is still going strong (and, would be nearly impossible to catch, of course!!).

So, what should I add? I'd maybe like another tang. If I had a larger tank, I'd get a different kind of tank for sure but I've just got the 75.

I'd like a goby and they happen to have one at the LFS right now but I worry about my plate coral sitting on the sand bed and will probably move some other corals to the sandbed once the frag swap stuff is out of the way.

Do you think if I got little sexy shrimp they'd stay by the anemone so we could see them in that big tank?

Seafishmn's midas blennie was way cool.

Pair of clown's?

They have a purple firefish at the LFS too. Never had one of those. Very pretty little fish. I could put my clarkii in the big tank and get the firefish for the nano?

I don't know. Too many options!
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

help me pick my fish Empty Re: help me pick my fish

Post by danreefs Sat May 09, 2009 10:49 pm

blennieluvr wrote:I think we're going to catch the ol' clown and bring him in to the LFS. He's picking at the RBTA! And, since the tang is no longer, all we'd have left is the hardy blue damsel that was my first fish ever and is still going strong (and, would be nearly impossible to catch, of course!!).

So, what should I add? I'd maybe like another tang. If I had a larger tank, I'd get a different kind of tank for sure but I've just got the 75.

I'd like a goby and they happen to have one at the LFS right now but I worry about my plate coral sitting on the sand bed and will probably move some other corals to the sandbed once the frag swap stuff is out of the way.

Do you think if I got little sexy shrimp they'd stay by the anemone so we could see them in that big tank?

Seafishmn's midas blennie was way cool.

Pair of clown's?

They have a purple firefish at the LFS too. Never had one of those. Very pretty little fish. I could put my clarkii in the big tank and get the firefish for the nano?

I don't know. Too many options!

DO not put a purple firefish in with a blue damsel he will kill the litte guy. Will thats what my blue damsel did and i have a 75g tank. What about a Wrasse lots of them to pick from i have a 6-line love they eyes on her. some nice anthias out there to. like this one http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+20+1128&pcatid=1128
danreefs
danreefs
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 1516

Back to top Go down

Post by brad Sun May 10, 2009 7:29 am

our firefish and damsel got along fine I guess. Firefish do a lot of hiding and come out at feeding time. Do you got a foxface? See if you can find an anemone crab over a sexy shrimp.

brad
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Sun May 10, 2009 9:57 am

I'm a big fan of midas blennies, fang blennies are cool too but the tank bred ones do better than wild so they are a little harder to find.
For tangs koles and flame tips stay small and pick at algea on the glass. If you get a goby just don't get a sand sifter, there's plenty of perching ones too. I like a lot of the smaller gobies and think you can add different kinds together but you might have to search for them. Greenbandeds are awesome but super small. Or get a goby/shrimp pair. There's the zebra dartfish which looks cool, they are kinda shy and do better with a couple of them though. I really like long nose hawkfish as long as you don't want any small skinny fish, they can also eat tiny shrimp like sexies though. I love some of the basslets like the swissguard but they are pricey.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by Mn. reef crzy Sun May 10, 2009 10:04 am

you wont be able to have any inverts with an eel or a trigger. lunch!! well you could but i bet the will all be dead in a matter of time.

Mn. reef crzy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1169

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Sun May 10, 2009 11:22 am

Pay attention Andre! We're picking for blennie, not me! Although I might try some of the large hermits for my tank, no shrimp because that's too expensive of a snack!
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Mn. reef crzy Sun May 10, 2009 6:39 pm

i lost a lot of good inverts:(

Mn. reef crzy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1169

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Sun May 10, 2009 7:53 pm

Mn. reef crzy wrote:i lost a lot of good inverts:(

Why didn't you dive in and rescue them? Laughing I only have 4-5 hermits and a couple snails, never got around to ordering a bigger crew for this tank.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Sun May 10, 2009 10:46 pm

I think I'm going to move my clarkii to the big tank. I need to catch the big clown first. Then, I'll get the firefish that's at the LFS for the nano and have them order in some sexy shrimp for me. I'll check into anemone crabs first but I've always wanted a couple of sexies. I'm going to check out some of the ones GoingPostal mentioned too. Might as well add a couple of fish now while I can.

THANKS!

Hey, firefish are jumpers right? I should prolly cover the nano?
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by brad Sun May 10, 2009 11:44 pm

mine is scared of everything,you go but the tank and he darts in his hole. I guess thats why they call them dartfish.

brad
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down