Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

War coral fragging

3 posters

Go down

War coral fragging Empty War coral fragging

Post by GoingPostal Thu May 07, 2009 12:40 pm

So I'm trying to figure out how to frag this sucker because I don't have a dremel. The rock it's grown on is an inch thick at least so I don't think I can break it without wrecking the coral. There's a frag plug in the middle I might be able to cut around and pop out, not sure.
Pic to see what the deal is, I'd like to make at least 4-5 frags and I need a little to hang on to. If someone has a dremel we could frag it at the swap also.
War coral fragging April2009012
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

War coral fragging Empty Re: War coral fragging

Post by Home_Depot Thu May 07, 2009 7:58 pm

That looks like a nice "frag" to me!!! Very Happy
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Thu May 07, 2009 8:36 pm

I bet you do! How much you wanna pay for it then? lol! Someone on RC had a similar sized colony for $400!!! I almost crapped my pants. And Benihana has a frag of that Hell's Kitchen chalice/rotundaflora up right now for $350. It's tempting to throw mine up for sale if it's fetching that much but I'm keeping it, it's one of my favorites.

Back to fragging I really wish I had a dremel, it would make life so much easier. I'd have fragged those duncans as well if I had one. The war coral grows fast though, if it were some slow growing crap I wouldn't cut it, hate having tiny frags all over. It went from 3 heads to that in a year and now is about a 2" circle. Not huge or anything but still impressive. I love those feeders out all the time and the bright mouths.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Home_Depot Thu May 07, 2009 10:37 pm

Does I-Falls have a menards or walmart? they make cheap versions of dremals.

If is is getting that much I would sell it in a heart beat... there is your skimmer!!!lol
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Thu May 07, 2009 11:03 pm

Home_Depot wrote:Does I-Falls have a menards or walmart? they make cheap versions of dremals.

If is is getting that much I would sell it in a heart beat... there is your skimmer!!!lol

Menards has dremels for like $70 but I'm broke so unless my next check is awesome I can't afford it. James's family said we could use theirs but he thinks it's broken. I might nag on him to check it out, blades aren't that expensive right? I want to keep as much nice stuff as we can fit in the nano and honestly I think paying that much for a frag is nutso.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Home_Depot Fri May 08, 2009 7:25 am

I got mine at menards it is called shop pro or something like that for 25.00 it is just a cheaper version works just as good!!
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by brad Fri May 08, 2009 8:02 am

I have a dremel with a diamond blade i could bring to the swap.

brad
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down