Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

addictive hobby we're in to

+2
Dedex
blennieluvr
6 posters

Go down

addictive hobby we're in to Empty addictive hobby we're in to

Post by blennieluvr Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:25 pm

With this nano build contest going on, I can't WAIT to get my hands on some more critters. I can't believe how fun it is to have a clean slate to work with again. From the Grand Forks meeting until last week I was surfing the net any free time I got researching nano's and DIY stuff for the build-off. Just lately I find myself looking at the 75 wanting to reaquascape. Has the cold got to me? I'm having a hard time not thinking about my little ocean/s.

My wish list is growing too. I need...
more astreas, nass snails, a couple of emeralds, a cleaner (still waiting for one from the LFS!!), a pair of sexy shrimp, a citrus clown goby and royal gramma. Corals, I need more corals!

And if that weren't enough, I'm starting to become more interested in LPS. I do have some (candy cane, frogspawn, plate..) but my big tank is full of softies.

It's like a drug. Isn't there an old GNR song, "I used to do a little but the little wouldn't do it so the little got more 'en more." Yep, that's me with this hobby!
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

addictive hobby we're in to Empty Re: addictive hobby we're in to

Post by Dedex Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:56 pm

I think it is the cold. When summer was here, I barely thought about my tank...only paid enough attention to it to feed the poor thing and do a water change from time to time. Last winter is when I was surfing all the time, searching and learning...ordering things for it...and why do we do that, wait for winter to order live things to ship in 40 below zero temps!!! (OK that exaggerating a little - I don't think any of us are dumb enough to order when it is that cold - only 20 below, right Smile ) That's just down right dumb!!! Now that winter is here again, I'm back at it...staring at that tank almost every spare chance I get! I want to get going on my nano too, but no where to set it up!!! UGH!!! It's a sickness I tell you!!

Dedex
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by danreefs Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:58 pm

I know just what you're talking about. I cant stop thinking of all the new dry items i need and fish and corals im looking for and clams I love clams Very Happy Then i get that look from my wife and see is like you paied what for that lol and at the same time she loves the tank to Cool
danreefs
danreefs
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 1516

Back to top Go down

Post by icereefer Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:45 pm

But yeah this hobby is very addictive and a great way to get in touch with others in this hobby to help educate them to help others stay intrested in the hobby and in the same time help save our reefs by fragging and sharing with others. so in the future they can enjoy this Hobby too.
all seasons keep me interested in my hobby. I guess it helps to of my early years of being a beach nut as I was growing up in Cailf too
And a quick Note: Dan I might be selling My Derasa soon. Very Happy
icereefer
icereefer
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 801

http://redrivervalleyreefers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by schaver Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:13 pm

The biggest part is in the winter you are inside all night long every night, and in spring, summer and fall you can be outside till wee hr of the night and not look at the tank. I know that is how it is with me. but when winter comes you look at that tank and go OH MY GOD look at that messy tank and spend all winter fixing it. just in time for spring and then let it go all over again.
schaver
schaver
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 327

Back to top Go down

Post by danreefs Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:18 pm

icereefer wrote:But yeah this hobby is very addictive and a great way to get in touch with others in this hobby to help educate them to help others stay intrested in the hobby and in the same time help save our reefs by fragging and sharing with others. so in the future they can enjoy this Hobby too.
all seasons keep me interested in my hobby. I guess it helps to of my early years of being a beach nut as I was growing up in Cailf too
And a quick Note: Dan I might be selling My Derasa soon. Very Happy
You cant sale the clam thay are a must have in a reef tank Smile
danreefs
danreefs
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 1516

Back to top Go down

Post by Home_Depot Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:48 am

icereefer wrote: I might be selling My Derasa soon. Very Happy

I want a clam toooo!!!!! You still thinking of getting rid of the foxface too???? Very Happy Very Happy
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Post by icereefer Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:35 am

Yep! Foxface is going to go, the clam I will be getting more this one is just getting to huge for my tank it's over 7" now and fully open about 4.5" across.
When I got it it was only 1.8" I just like growing them out then move on to the next. Very Happy
I might sell my Skimmer to Andy at the pet store here because it doesn't sound like your to interested in the skimmer Know more Garrett and I need the room, my fishroom is getting to full of stuff. Very Happy
icereefer
icereefer
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 801

http://redrivervalleyreefers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Home_Depot Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:13 am

Thats fine Jim I wanted the skimmer but I need to get some lights first.As far as the Foxface would you want cash or trade? I would like the clam but I am not sure if I would have room for it? I forgot it was so big.
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Dedex Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:36 am

schaver wrote: but when winter comes you look at that tank and go OH MY GOD look at that messy tank and spend all winter fixing it. just in time for spring and then let it go all over again.

Mine didn't get all that messy, but you are very correct in the time spent in the house. I think in the winter we have time to sit and think about what we want to add or change - that's how it was for me both winters I've been in this now Smile

Dedex
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down