Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

where do you buy or order from

+5
GoingPostal
blennieluvr
Mdoty
cdness
imdaring
9 posters

Go down

where do you buy or order from Empty where do you buy or order from

Post by imdaring Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:53 pm

were does every one buy or order from I live in Detroit lakes, MN we have 1 lfs that has a very small amount of saltwater livestock and what they have is not healthy looking the last time I was there her fish were swimming funny like they were dying..
I have in the past ordered from reefs2go with minimal doa's. Well they have now lost me for a customer I placed a almost $300 order with them on Nov. 23 and still have not received it they send me text messages saying my order will ship the next day and then the next day when I don't get my shipping info I go to the website and they will have my order bumped AGAIN AND AGAIN.. Communication is terrible. So I need a good reliable place top shop for my fish and coral
imdaring
imdaring
Clownfish
Clownfish

Number of posts : 63

Back to top Go down

where do you buy or order from Empty Re: where do you buy or order from

Post by cdness Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:58 pm

Midwest Aquarium Services in Fargo, ND is a great LFS with reasonable prices and healthy livestock.  He also carries bulk additives, carbon, GFO as well as a wide array of food options and chemical additives...

If you want online, Live Aquaria, Blue Zoo Aquatics, Unique Corals etc for livestock including corals.  ReefCleaners.org for cleanup crew.  Air Water Ice or AquaFX for RODI supplies (Red River Valley Reefers has a discount code for Air Water Ice).  Equipment and bulk additives look at Bulk Reef Supply, Drs Foster and Smith or Marine Depot.
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by Mdoty Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:05 am

I order most of my fish and supplies from foster smith/ live aquaria. Great customer service and really good shipping. I live in Duluth but if I order salt by 10am I'll have it the next day free shipping.

Mdoty
Plankton
Plankton

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:29 pm

I order from F&S too or from Bulk Reef Supply which is Minnesota based. It kinda depends on what I'm ordering.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:09 pm

Most dry goods and live from Fosters and Smith/LiveAquaria, there's no lfs anywhere near me.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by HSCmember Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:57 pm

Fosters, Bulk Reef Supply, and Filter Guys.
HSCmember
HSCmember
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 560

Back to top Go down

Post by Nannook Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:11 am

If possible get your live stock from trading with club members. It will save you a lot and you will get to know great people. Once per year the Duluth club goes to Rhinelander Wis for a field trip you get to see the facility and get 10% off yadda yadda yadda, but well worth the time. This is the Foster/Smith and LiveAquaria company spoken of above. My mailorder results have been poor. Even from well meaning growers you can't control the mail.
Nannook
Nannook
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 359

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:20 pm

Good points.  I'm so glad you mentioned Filter Guys, Susan.  I do get all my RODI stuff from them!  For some reason, I wasn't thinking RODI when thinking of who I order from. 

And, Nick, good point about buying from club members.  You generally know what you're getting and it helps each other out.  Keep it Local right?  LOL 

I like to save up my livestock purchases for swaps, etc. other than the typical periodic clean up crew stocking.  It feels like we're supporting not only vendors who are willing to come to us but those who are taking the time to plan the events.  Smile
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by Minnesotareefjunkie Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:03 pm

Ive had really good experiences with live aquaria, and divers den. Any loss is refunded within the appropriate time without question. I know in northern Minnesota shipping can be tough with our cold weather, its nice to have some type of insurance with an expensive purchase. I have bought many SPS corals and they all look great. I have had bad experiences with blue zoo aquatics ill never buy form them again they do not quarantine and have no problem sending out sick fish or infested corals to there customers. Everything I have gotten from LA has clearly been QT, and I have yet to get a fish with any disease or coral with AWEF or red bugs on 7 orders now. I still do QT my own fish but it is nice not having to worry about treating and diagnosing because this company knows how to handle their livestock. They offer their warranties because they know that they send out healthy livestock.

Minnesotareefjunkie
Plankton
Plankton

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by seaponygirl Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:09 pm

I haven't ordered from any of the online stores. A few of us have ordered from some " local" suppliers. Most of us had great lipick. Unfortunately what I want seems to be unavailable, but that doesn't stop me from trying. For livestock I've had really good luck with swaps. I even brought back a ton of zoas and even a lionfish from Denver 's MACNA. what at trip. We'd love to see you sometime in Bemidji. Maybe we can hook up for a swap. Good luck!

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down