Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watchman Gobies

2 posters

Go down

Watchman Gobies Empty Watchman Gobies

Post by HSCmember Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:16 am

I went into Pet Zone to buy one Watchman goby after the one one in the 210 disappeared. (It was found a month later in the sump- thin but seems to be ok) I ended up purchasing two Watchman; I watched them in the shop's tank and they hung together so I decided to buy them both since they looked like a pair. They definitely are a pair! I have no plans on breeding but I am very pleased I have been able to keep these two together. Very cute. They spend their time side by side looking out from under the rocks. I will try to get a photo of them sometime.
HSCmember
HSCmember
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 560

Back to top Go down

Watchman Gobies Empty Very cool to have a pair.....

Post by Nannook Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:00 pm

can you tell if they are m/f? You ought to investigate breeding them. There is a lot of observation computer work but reef keeping to the next level is very rewarding. The breeding programs are picking up a lot of interest trying to take the pressure off of unethical harvesting of the natural reefs.
Nannook
Nannook
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 359

Back to top Go down

Watchman Gobies Empty Re: Watchman Gobies

Post by HSCmember Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:29 pm

One is quite a bit bigger than the other, I think she laid eggs because the belly isn't as round. They excavated a cave under one of the rocks. Definitely a pair, you could tell they were a pair even in the pet store, which is why I bought them both. I couldn't bear splitting them up. I have not nor plan on trying to raise young. I don't have the time or inclination.
HSCmember
HSCmember
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by Nannook Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:16 am

Here is a link for you if you want to read and see pictures http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=934900
Nannook
Nannook
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 359

Back to top Go down

Post by HSCmember Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:53 am

Fascinating reading! Thanks! I would have a terrible time raising fry, but if someone truly wanted to give it a try I would let these two go. They are good size fish, I am almost tempted to put them in the 210 at the science center.
HSCmember
HSCmember
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum