Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fish acrobatics - why oh why?

2 posters

Go down

fish acrobatics - why oh why? Empty fish acrobatics - why oh why?

Post by blennieluvr Wed May 14, 2014 10:37 am

So, last night I accidentally sucked up my ruby red in the end of the tube while doing a water change.  Usually he's so timid, he's definitely not going to stick around while I'm poking in the tank so I never suspected that could happen!  At least I noticed right away and let him loose.  Amazingly, he seems OK. 

Another recent episode of this type of event was when the starry blenny I got at the swap and also love managed to jump into the overflow shortly after getting him.  It took me awhile to find him due to his color changing tactics.  We "fished" him out which wasn't easy and put the screen cover on the tank.  Just last week I took the cover off because he seemed much more at home in the tank and the other fish are used to him.  Within a day or two, he made the jump into the overflow again only this time, before we recoverd him, he made it down into my filter sock!  I was so nervous that he would be dead or injurred when removing him from the sock but nope, he's fine too.

Why I worry so much over a fish just shows how addicted I really am!  LOL
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

fish acrobatics - why oh why? Empty Re: fish acrobatics - why oh why?

Post by seaponygirl Wed May 14, 2014 1:45 pm

Been there done that! I have more of that trouble with koi tank with my reef. Over the umpteen years I have
Been in one hobby or another I have come up with my rules for fish,plants or stuff.

1. Don't name anything. Named fish are the first to die.
2. Don't brag how long you've had something. Whatever object you are speaking about will expire immediately or break, or jump to it's death.
3. Mortality is a conversely related to cost. IE the more expensive the quicker it will die.

I have found these are good words to live by. If I ignore them they'll come back and bite me, but one of these days I'll beat the odds. Right?

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down