Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Too much light for palys?

3 posters

Go down

Too much light for palys?   Empty Too much light for palys?

Post by GoingPostal Fri May 09, 2014 9:23 pm

I'm thinking my new palys are unhappy with my lighting, my nuke greens are not opening up very well, the blue and purple palys are still opening but I think they are lighter in color. I've been running the light dimmed for a couple days but the greens aren't improving. Did I kill them with light or is this just my typical no luck with zoas/palys problem? I moved the other two frags to the sandbed today to see if that helps but the green ones I glued in place-oops. Got a free PE paly frag and those are stretching way out like they aren't getting enough light but seem very happy. I moved them up.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Too much light for palys?   Empty Re: Too much light for palys?

Post by blennieluvr Fri May 09, 2014 11:18 pm

It sounds like the same response I'be read about a lot with switching to LED.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Sat May 10, 2014 5:50 pm

I changed lights about two weeks ago, but from a led light to a different led light. I don't know what the seller keeps them under usually. Nothing else in the tank seems to mind it at all. I'm running it with the whites dimmed quite a bit, should the blues be dimmed too?
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by seaponygirl Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:49 am

How are your palys doing now. When I had LED's they did great, in a 40, I had the blue balanced so that the white LED's looked white not yellow. Then they did fine. Now I am running a 58 with 2 T-5's and a metal halide. Not sure of the size of the halide, it's bulbs are a little old for sure. I don't run the halide until I get home around 6:00 so they are turned off around 10:00. If the halide is on all day the palys and mushrooms are not as open. I also have quite a few new frags of Zoa's. Under this light system they has nearly doubled in size and I purchased most this summer and a few last month at the Fargo Swap. So in my opinion brighter light, but not as long.

Sue

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down