Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what did everyone get?

5 posters

Go down

So what did everyone get?   Empty So what did everyone get?

Post by GoingPostal Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:40 pm

New stuff, new stuff, what did everyone buy for frags or new additions? I mostly got coral, couple pep shrimps to work on aiptasia and a few hermits. For corals I got two pretty new favias, two new chalices, green octospawn, a blasto, palys galore so hopefully I can keep them alive, candy canes, an alevopora (sp?)-was a free frag and pretty but kind of worried I might kill it. Also a blue ric florida and a yuma mushrooms and I bought a couple acans. Got most everything placed and glued down.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

So what did everyone get?   Empty Re: So what did everyone get?

Post by GoingPostal Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:48 pm

And a I got an orange plate and lepto, whoops!
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerman Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:01 pm

Hawkins echinata, darth maul porities, mummy eye chalice( would like to know who donated this), blue ric, ring of fire zoa, Bird of Paradise, Jason fox fake o latern lept, torch, and Meteor Shower Cyphastrea.

Would like to know who got the ducan colony and galaxia coral from the raffle?

tinkerman
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 417

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:31 pm

That porites was really nice, if I was into sps I would have gotten it. Mummy eye was from me. I'm drawing a blank on who got the duncan and didn't see who took the galaxia though sorry.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:07 pm

Sue Cross got the Duncan and if I understood her right, plans to let me frag it and redonate it to the club. I can't remember who picked the galaxia.

Sounds like you guys got some nice stuff and this thread needs pics! LOL

I am actually most excited about my fish this time. The ruby red pair seem to like their new home. I hope they are eating. I haven't seen it for myself yet. They're a bit shy.

I am in love with my starry blennie. Dang he's cute.

I got 2 gorgs, 3 sexies, a walking dendro and chili coral that went into the nano. And some ZOA's and a Darth maul in the 75. I got some caulerpa from Duluth that is in the sump of the 75 for now but will go in the bottom fuge in the tank I'm building. Oh yeah...got some alveopora too. I have killed it in the past but am hoping that I can do better this time.

I had won a porcelain crab but he was not alive when I got home from the swap. We must have harassedhim too much trying to keep him from the big starfish.

blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by seaponygirl Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:53 am

I did the big Duncan and the cool zoa Island. The duncan has been looking like it was going to die. As a desperation move, I plunked him in my 20 gallon. Within minutes he was opening up and looked like a Duncan should. I did a water change and noticed there was a difference in temperature. The 20 was running around 82 and the 40 was around 78. I'm thinking the 40 is too cold. After warming them up everything is looking better. I'll get the parameters tonight. The baby baby onyx are doing fine since I released them from the breeder net. The big tomato clown is trying to snuggle into a patch of green star polyps, they don't seem to mind. I do like what I got, especially now that they seem to be opening up.

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:35 am

I don't want to derail this thread but 78 degrees is better than 82 degrees so I don't think that was the problem in the 40.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerman Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:14 pm

"Yes don't want to derail but if this was the ducans I donated then I keep my tank at 77.  They were getting about 250-300 par and heavy flow for lps."

Again, not to derail, but we're still waiting for you to come over and check our tanks PAR and we'll pay for your gas and feed you, Lyle. LOL  I don't think any of us here know what our PAR is. 

GP, I got the dendro from Ocean's Paradise.  It's photosynthetic so may not be a good fit for the NPS tank even though that's where it is now.  I have other photo stuff in there currently but am also growing bubble algae so may have to cut back on the light and move a few things over to the 75g.

tinkerman
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 417

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:15 pm

Cammie you got a walking dendro? From who? I'm jealous.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:21 pm

I'm jealous of your stuff too.  LOL
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaponygirl Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:45 am

Yes, they were your Duncans. I tested my water yesterday and the tank they were in was a little high in ammonia. There seem to be some mysterious parameters in different tanks. Anyway they are so much happier in the warmer water. I'm not going to rock the boat for them, for now.

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:11 pm

Any ammonia is bad news so another BIG water change in that tank is probably a good idea.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:16 am

I'm bummed to report that one ruby red didn't make it.  It didn't venture out much and possibly wasn't eating.  The 2nd one was acting strangely last eve as well...possibly from the death of the first one fouling up the tank.  I found the dead one, removed it and did a 40% water change.  Today the survivor looked better and it always has been the more active of the two so I'm hoping for the best.  They are super cool fish!
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaponygirl Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:29 am

Sorry about the ruby red. I know how much you wanted them. I feel the same about my zoa's.

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by HSCmember Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:08 pm

I am sorry about the fish Cammie, that is too bad. We are still in survival mode here, I quickly put up at 17gal tank, some rock, and put in the Captain Americas, some other kind of paly or zoa, all my ricordias and the bird nest things of which I have 3 or 4 different kinds, 2 torch corals same color but totally different shapes, my brown candy cane with the green mouth and about 3 different kinds of macro algae.

Plus of course the starfish and cleaner shrimp (both are at HSC for life)

Everything appears to be alive yet and the zoas opened and the rics are expanding. I'm driving myself nuts testing for salinity 2-4 times a day. I took a couple more of my corals back from HSC to see if they will do better.

I am using a little Marineland hob filter and I am going to change to something better before I plumb both tanks. I want to run this one separately and get the 65 up and running though the sump.
HSCmember
HSCmember
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 560

Back to top Go down

Post by HSCmember Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:10 pm

I believe I visited every single vendor and some more than once. Jim that big ric is doing wonderfully.
HSCmember
HSCmember
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:43 pm

I lost my plate, well it's not 100% dead yet but well on it's way. I have a suspicion it was my new shrimp as it didn't seem to be doing poorly, it looked a little rough the first couple days and then better and better and then one morning looked like the middle had completely died. Crossing my fingers it will be one of those comeback plates, it was one of the most expensive things I bought! Typical. Everything else is doing fine.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by HSCmember Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:48 pm

What kind of shrimp?
HSCmember
HSCmember
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:31 pm

Peppermints. I got 3 of them at the swap and think they may have been stealing food out of the plate's mouth and stressed it to death.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:14 pm

Bummer about the plate. I'd like to get some peppermints and emeralds for pest control but sometimes they are too big of a risk. Do you need the shrimp? Can he go elsewhere for awhile to give the plate a chance to settle in and grab a bite?

My 2nd dragonette seems OK this eve. I will just count my blessings I guess. If it does OK for awhile, maybe I'll buy another mate for it from Vowsen.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:24 pm

HSCmember wrote:I am sorry about the fish Cammie, that is too bad. We are still in survival mode here, I quickly put up at 17gal tank, some rock, and put in the Captain Americas, some other kind of paly or zoa, all my ricordias and the bird nest things of which I have 3 or 4 different kinds, 2 torch corals same color but totally different shapes, my brown candy cane with the green mouth and about 3 different kinds of macro algae.

Plus of course the starfish and cleaner shrimp (both are at HSC for life)

Everything appears to be alive yet and the zoas opened and the rics are expanding. I'm driving myself nuts testing for salinity 2-4 times a day. I took a couple more of my corals back from HSC to see if they will do better.

I am using a little Marineland hob filter and I am going to change to something better before I plumb both tanks. I want to run this one separately and get the 65 up and running though the sump.

It's important to note that your set this up with established rock, sand and water from an existing tank. Glad things seem to be going well.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:22 am

I got the shrimp to eat my aiptasia, maybe I should have stuck with only getting 1, I got three. Such a pain to catch them so going to try to remember to feed them regularly and see how it goes. I think it's too late for the plate because the mouth is gone, there's still flesh around it but not much of a chance of full recovery.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:21 pm

I caught him on camera!  The gorg my new fish in on is new as well. 

So what did everyone get?   IMG_003833_zps9a93bd65
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum