Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible Fin Rot?

4 posters

Go down

Possible Fin Rot? Empty Possible Fin Rot?

Post by HSCmember Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:28 pm

I haven't seen it myself, but Frank said that Dory has some white on her tail on the narrow part before the fin on one side. I didn't notice anything the other day, but I tend to ignore the fish and look at the corals. I will be doing a partial water change tomorrow and I will try to get a photo. If there is anyone in the club with knowledge of fish diseases, I would appreciate you taking a look at the tank. Thanks-
HSCmember
HSCmember
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 560

Back to top Go down

Possible Fin Rot? Empty Re: Possible Fin Rot?

Post by Home_Depot Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:12 am

Could be ick? If I remember right they are prone to get it.
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:24 pm

Could be a few things, a pic would be needed to really guess.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by HSCmember Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:33 pm

I didn't of course have a camera. It is a vertical stripe at the base of where her body and tail fin meet. It is a tan/ pink/ white strip about a 1/8- 1/4 " wide and is soft. Wound or fungus I would think. She is eating good, swims fine. Did a 30 gal water change and I will try to do another later in the week. No one else has anything on them. I don't see any major collapses like she got trapped and damaged herself that way. I am going to look in my books tonight and see if I can find anything that looks like it.
HSCmember
HSCmember
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by seaponygirl Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:48 am

I don't remember. Do you have a yellow tang in there too? If so, could be a wound from an encounter between the two. Is it on both sides. My blue used to get lots of sore spots, but a good water change usually cleared it up.

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post by HSCmember Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:15 pm

I cannot say enough about the merits of cleaner shrimp. The two we have have worked constantly on Dory and we are seeing some good results. She has a lump on one side of her jaw, a huge scape on the opposite side of the vertical lesion. The scrape is getting much better, the lump looks smaller, and the lesion is about 1/2 as wide. It is amazing to see her back into the overhang so they can work on her. Through all of this she has been swimming well and had a good appetite so what ever it is, it appears to be going away.
HSCmember
HSCmember
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum