Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coral reaction

4 posters

Go down

Coral reaction Empty Coral reaction

Post by GoingPostal Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:13 pm

I've had reactions to a few corals before but usually it's the day after messing in the tank and touching everything a couple of my fingers will get real itchy and little bumps, go away in a day or two. On Saturday I added new frags and then had to move some stuff over the next few days. Now my arm looks like this and is on and off massively itchy (alternating between cortisone cream, coconut oil and a salve trying to make it feel better). My pointer finger and my hand have a couple bumps as well. I know it's either my toadstool leather or my frogspawn or maybe both. Kind of debating getting rid of both of them now.
Coral reaction Arm_zps3b731e37
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Coral reaction Empty Re: Coral reaction

Post by jandjrocksandreefs Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:46 pm

Be careful, you never know when you will react much worse, get some medical gloves.

jandjrocksandreefs
Snail
Snail

Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:58 pm

That stinks. I hope you figure it out. I know we should wear gloves but I'm clumsy in my tank enough without gloves on. I usually just rinse my hands before and after dunking them in the tank but then again, I've not had problems like that before.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:25 pm

Yeah I've never done the gloves thing either, I have those big purple and orange ones but they are so big and clumsy I wouldn't be able to reach back where I was rearranging anyways. And just regular gloves don't go up far enough. I usually move the toadstool and frog, I think it's the toadstool and the frog I stab myself on but for some reason I didn't and stood there with my arm resting against them while moving my brain coral in the back. Then it fell and I did it again a couple days later. My arm looks and feels like I was attacked by a swarm of mosquitoes. Don't think I will make that mistake again.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by seaponygirl Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:02 am

That does look very painful. There are thin tight fitting latex gloves by the boxful. The water gets in because they are not long, but you should have the flexibilty you need. Get the small size.

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down