Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disaster Day

4 posters

Go down

Disaster Day Empty Disaster Day

Post by seaponygirl Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:51 am

Another disaster with trying to keep RO water for my fish. I bought one of the Rubbermaid Brute containers to hold a mix of RO and salt. I put a heater and air pump in it. It is downstairs under the RO unit between my washer and dryer. Can you guess what happens next? Yup, you're right, the washer was unbalanced for a load and shook everything off the top. That was a small pile of newspaper, a box of dryer sheets and of course the container of Tide detergent packets into the salted 30 gallons of water. I found a foamy salty bucket of water, warm water too. I dragged the soapy mess outside and dumped it. I assume there is no way to get all the soap out of the container, actually I'm not risk missing some. So I will have to buy a new heater, air pump tubing and a hew bucket.
At least my sidewalk is CLEAN!

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Disaster Day Empty Re: Disaster Day

Post by GoingPostal Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:45 pm

oh no! make sure there's a good cover on the new bucket! I can only imagine the mess, what a pain in the ass.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:25 pm

I have never heard of anyone having as much trouble with their water as you have. I'm thinking you should not gamble! Your luck seems quite bad! LOL
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by seaponygirl Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:19 am

I'm Norwegian, I never gamble. Being Norwegian means you can never win. God has never forgiven us for what we did with Luetifisk. Can't eat it, probably can't spell it.
Anyway, I didn't have a lid as I was thinking that might trap in air or something, but I have since found out you need the lid, not only to keep out dust, but laundry detergent I will keep the lid on. So I'm off to get a new bucket, heater and air hose... Oh, yeah, more detergent too.

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post by HSCmember Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:06 pm

Jeez Sue, you really do have quite a time of it. lol
HSCmember
HSCmember
Great White
Great White