Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what forums/sites do you follow?

3 posters

Go down

what forums/sites do you follow? Empty what forums/sites do you follow?

Post by blennieluvr Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:10 pm

I haven't listened to reef threads for awhile. I suppose because my tank has been down for months. Anyway, I'm catching up on some old podcasts which has been cool. It got me wondering what other sites people visit. I want to have a broader base for info gathering. So, I'm doing the opposite of what some sites do and asking you all to share here what sites you frequent here.

I have been stuck in a rut lately only checking in on:
NMRC
RRVR
LSMAC
and TCMAS

I have decided to read RC more and catch up on Reef Threads as I mentioned earlier in this post. I do sometimes look for discussion topics on nano-reef.com as well.

Any others?
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

what forums/sites do you follow? Empty Re: what forums/sites do you follow?

Post by cdness Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:01 pm

Well let's see here would be my list:

Daily:
- RRVR
- NMRC
- TCMAS - I follow but I don't post much
- Reef2Reef - I follow and post all the time. This is a very friendly board with very active members. Also the giveaways are awesome each month. If you join, you can go to the membership drive threads and post that you just joined to win the monthly prize. Be sure to say CDNESS referred you though so we both are entered...
- Reef Builders - Not a forum but has really good articles and news to keep up with the what's new in the hobby and reef scene.

Frequestly:
SFAAS - This is the Sioux Falls club that is both fresh and saltwater. I started following them when I was promoting the Fargo Frag Swap. They have some very knowledgeable people there.
LSMAC - I check this one every week at least once or twice.

Unfortunately I feel like Reef Central has taken a turn for the worse lately and I tend to avoid that site whenever possible. It has great DIY threads and good sale threads, but I have mainly been trolling and posting about the Fargo Frag Swap. RC tends to have good LED threads especially related to the multi-chip builds which is what I am considering for my next lighting setup. The unfortunate part is the politics of the site which get overwhelming sometimes when all you want to do is get information. They tend to be counterproductive on the theory of sharing information with fellow reefers while focusing on very restrictive posting rules... I'll leave it at that.
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:28 pm

Here's a thought provoking one.

http://outsidetheglassbox.org/
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:08 pm

I used to read on nano reef and RC a lot but I haven't been lately, not seeing much worth reading I guess and RC runs super slow for me. I sometimes check tcmas, lsmac and here.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down