Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fargo Frag Swap 2013

+2
seaponygirl
cdness
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fargo Frag Swap 2013 Empty Fargo Frag Swap 2013

Post by cdness Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:04 pm

On January 12th 2013, Fargo will be hosting the Fargo Frag Swap 2013 organized by the local reef club Red River Valley Reefers.

This will be the first frag swap in a very long time to be hosted in Fargo, ND. The market has changed in the past years where saltwater tanks are much more common in households and businesses in the area. We feel a frag swap will be able to bring new and exciting livestock and products to the area which will boost the hobby even more and open up new opportunities for businesses and hobbyists to market their products and frags

Date: January 12th 2013
Time: Noon - 5:00 pm

I will try keep this thread up-to-date, but for the most up-to-date announcements please see the following post on RRVR: http://redrivervalleyreefers.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1625

If you are interested in being a part of this event, there are a few different ways to be involved. I am open to discussing options that would be the best fit for you to be a part of this milestone opportunity. I have some options outlined in a PDF file which I can send to you which includes information on how to become a vendor at the event as well as some sponsorship opportunities.

Did I mention that both the admission to the event and the vendor spaces are FREE?

You can contact me anytime at my email address cdness at gmail dot com or through this forum via post or PM.

Current event flier is below:

Fargo Frag Swap 2013 FragSwapFlierv3

The above is what I am posting at other reef sites as well that I may not frequent as often as NMRC. I would love for NMRC to bring down a frag setup and I have a space reserved already for you. If someone would like to be more involved with assisting with some volunteer stuff please let me know. I need bodies to fill spaces and tasks so all the help I can get the better...
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

Fargo Frag Swap 2013 Empty Re: Fargo Frag Swap 2013

Post by seaponygirl Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:43 pm

Hey count me in! I have been saving my money in anticipation. I usually have to schedule a DR. appt. then, so maybe I can schedule that for a day earlier, and have lots of time left over. I can help set up or any job that doesn't take great intelligence. I am really looking forward to this.

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:43 pm

I will appreciate any and all assistance with this event. I am assuming setup will be very early the day of the event to allow for vendors to get their stuff set up in the space provided. We don't have the venue the night before so all setup will need to be done the day of the event. (I have taken note of this and will make sure it is available the day before next time) We'll work out details closer to the event to make sure we have places where anyone who wants to help will have something to do that they will enjoy as well.
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:00 pm

Hey NMRC want a table at the swap? I need to know as spaces are filling up really fast.

Would you need 4 feet or 8 feet for the table? I have them sectioned into 4 foot chunks.
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:54 am

BUMP!
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:55 am

I gave up our booth. Curtis needed it for a vendor. There's been little response here and I figure we can do presales if we end up with some frags. Smile
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:19 pm

Hey now, I never said I needed it. I just said I think I double booked a table and had to figure it out...lol.

I was planning on a RRVR/NMRC table to share so we may still have space if you wanted. I just need to send out the vendor info and make sure all are still on board.

Stay tuned for the latest info and flier!

FYI all volunteers get to earn extra free raffle tickets. I can use all the help I can get so volunteer away! PM me your name and number and I'll get you added to the list.

cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:45 am

The date is getting closer! We have a full array of vendors and sponsors. Check out the below info!

Fargo Frag Swap is now on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FargoFragSwap

Here is the official flier as well:

Fargo Frag Swap 2013 FragSwapFlierv5

I am working on finalizing one last vendor and they will be included on the second printing. If you would like a higher res pdf to use to print and spread the word please let me know and I'll send you one. We need all the advertising assistance we can get!

Also help generate some buzz by liking our facebook page and sharing the event with your friends.
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanwillow Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:14 am

I can actually hopefully come! Well, I'm requesting that weekend off, as I have worked every weekend for like, 3 months...
Swanwillow
Swanwillow
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 845

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:07 am

Two more vendors have been added at the last minute and will be worked into the flier. Chris from Evolution LED Lights and Reef Koi Corals will be joining us as well as Mike from The Coral Shop! I will have a new version of the flier available soon.

Also introducing Receipt Rewards! Every attendee will be receiving a FREE raffle ticket. In addition to that free ticket additional ones can be earned. For all receipts brought in with at least $50 in goods (shipping not included) from a participating vendor, you can earn another free raffle ticket. One ticket per receipt and the receipts can be from any time between December 1 2012 to the day of the event.
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanwillow Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:08 am

So who all from Bemidji is going?
Swanwillow
Swanwillow
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:30 am

I plan to go.....heading over the night before so I can be on hand to assist right away in the a.m.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaponygirl Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:35 pm

Posting this again. Going Friday, staying over until Sunday.

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanwillow Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:52 pm

Where are you guys staying with the whole overnight thing?
Swanwillow
Swanwillow
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:01 pm

I'm staying with some friends over there. Sorry, I know that's not very condusive to carpooling. My friend's daughter lives over there and the daughter has a daughter that is Brooke's age so we are making it a whole play date, visit kind of deal. The place we're staying has been interested in having a tank one day so it's cool that maybe I can get them to the swap to check things out too. Smile
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanwillow Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:42 pm

you better! lol
Swanwillow
Swanwillow
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by seaponygirl Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:36 am

I'll be staying at a motel/hotel near by if I can find one, otherwise, I stay at the Super 8 on 13th.

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:05 am

Another new flier. Edited for the new vendors added to the list:

Fargo Frag Swap 2013 FragSwapFlierv6_zps3af72f44

A PDF is available by request if you would like to print some out at a higher resolution.

The date is coming up quick. Be sure to check out the Facebook page and like the posts. Share them as well to help spread the news of the event.

Thank you to all vendors, supporters and those willing to help spread the word of the event!
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:20 pm

I believe there is at least one carpool going from Bemidji to Fargo just for the day on Jan. 12th. I'm not sure there's extra room at this point but I'll keep you posted. I'll be in this carpool since my plans to go the night before fell through.

I know Seapony is going Friday till Sunday so not probably a carpool option there.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by schaver Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:40 pm

i am gonna try to make it to this, by the way where is robert st in fargo? what is it by i kinda know fargo but not shur where that street is.
schaver
schaver
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 327

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:13 am

Awesome, Randy! I'll be looking for ya there!
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaponygirl Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:07 pm

Hey, I'd rather carpool than stay by myself. I'd be all for doing it for a day, if someone else drives. Or I'm flexible if there is a carpool for Friday and Saturday. A list of options will be great. Blennie is working on that.

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:21 pm

schaver wrote:i am gonna try to make it to this, by the way where is robert st in fargo? what is it by i kinda know fargo but not shur where that street is.

Roberts Street is downtown Fargo. It is about 3 blocks west of Broadway. I believe the larger complex the swap is in is called the Gardener Building... Paradox's front door entrance is on the East side and the swap direct entrance is on the West side behind the building.
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:14 am

We made the front page of the Advanced Aquarist website! The Fargo Frag Swap 2013 is getting around!

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/events/fargo-frag-swap-2013-january-12

Within the posting is the write up of the second press release that was sent out to all local newspapers, TV stations, radio stations, and blog sites.
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:28 am

The Fargo Frag Swap 2013 has been featured in the FM Extra Newspaper:

Fargo Frag Swap 2013 FMExtraArticle_zpsf6a1655a

Also over 500 information pamphlets have been printed and folded...

Fargo Frag Swap 2013 InformationandVendorGuides_zpsbc4c1042
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next