Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Spontaneous Generation

2 posters

Go down

New Spontaneous Generation Empty New Spontaneous Generation

Post by seaponygirl Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:59 am

Hi all, I know there's really no such thing as Spontaneous Generation, but I have more new creatures in my 20 gallon. I saw 2 thin white star fish. They have long thin arms and a tiny central disc. I'm thinking brittle stars? Next another new star fish. 1/2 " across, bumpy, whitish with green blurry spots, kind of a chubby guy. Last, and this is the weirdest. On the end of a old dead piece of branched coral appeared a jelly like blob. I know pictures would help, but this way you have to think harder. Anyway, it's small button size. The jelly is golden yellow, there are white lines that radiate to the center mouth, one long line, then one half as long, long one, short etc. All the way around. Finally there are very short clear neon green tentacles all over it. It is very cool looking. The mouth is rimmer with yellow. I say it is the mouth as it's a hole in the top center.
Well have fun figuring this one out.

Aliens Unite!

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

New Spontaneous Generation Empty Re: New Spontaneous Generation

Post by GoingPostal Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:01 pm

Mini brittle stars hitchhike in on stuff frequently, if you added any frags or algea or live rock it probably came in on them, they will "bloom" in population and wane usually. Same with the other stars but I'm blanking on what those are called. People feed them to harlequin shrimp. Ohh, asterinas? Something like that.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by seaponygirl Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:25 am

Hi, by asterinas, could by some miracle you mean aipstaia? On my gosh, are they over populating my tank, in very crevice. I got an order of pepperment shrimp in. Sure hope they are hungry! PS. There are 3 of those new "corals" all close together. They are very cool looking and not stinging anything...yet.

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum